Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My day off.

Today is my day off. I know, you're probably thinking, lucky Jamie! A day off in a fun city! But sadly, no. I have a bajillion things to do. I've just worked no less than 10 hours a day for 7 days, and tomorrow I go back for 7 more, and it's shocking the things in my life that don't get done when I'm at work. I almost miss being in an office.

Buuuuut not quite.

Do I get to sleep in on my day off? No.

7:00am - wake up
7:20am - drive girls to work so I can have the car. Run inside to get my iTrip, and some papers that I need to take by the Vegas office later. Explain to no less than 3 people why I am not dressed for work ("nice hat, Jamie. Going golfing?") and no less than 3 other people why I am there on my "day off."
7:50am - Java Detour
8:20am - get back to room. Spread out my 13 post-its on the kitchen table and prepare to make my phone calls: insurance, doctor, landlord, cable/internet, mobile phone

But first, I'm blogging. Next on the list:

-make all those phone calls (OK, so, I've got 2 of them made while I was writing this post)
-do 2 expense reports
-work out
-shower
-eat
-go to the Vegas office, drop off some papers, use someone's office to plug into the network so my IT guy can run some update on my computer that can only be done from one of our portals
-get my nose pierced
-go to Target
-find a post office
-go to Old Navy
-pick up girls from work at 6pm.

Think I can make it? Oh, and I have to be at some happy hour around 6 that our boss' boss' boss is throwing. Can't say no to those kinds of things, unfortunately, because I would love to stay in and watch LOST.

OH! In other news, I got a new computer! IBM Thinkpad T23, 1.3 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 48GB hard drive, CDRW-DVD drive, Windows XP Professional, wi-fi - the works. This machine retails around $1895. I got it on eBay, my friend, at the cool winning bid of $561. It will add 4.5lbs to my backpack but at least I will be able to watch/download/listen to stuff on the road. Wheee!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Don't worry, LOST is a rerun. Though American Idol is in TX tonight. : )

krysten said...

ooooooo, two of my favorite things: getting something pierced and going to Target!! yippee!

i noticed "work out" was crossed out, was this because you completed it, or simply reconsidered? ;-) do i have to ask?

hello jamie: said...

if by "work out," you mean "laid on the bed in a dark room with a makeshift ice pack on my head."

:-/

I'm out and about now. Sort of. I'm at the office WAITING to be called back.

The Bagboy said...

I like how you slipped "get my nose pierced" in there like nobody would notice.

Gina said...

I have never gotten a deal on ebay like that. How the eff did you do that? Is it a refurbish? Holy crap.

hello jamie: said...

It is refurbished, G, but it's still under warranty. I bought if from a store, not an individual, and they have sold thousands and have like a 98% approval rate so I felt OK about it. I've been bidding for weeks and finally got a deal.

I hope it's not a lemon!

krysten said...

you know what Jack Bauer would do with that lemon...

hello jamie: said...

Jack Bauer f***ing hates lemonade. Haha!

That reminds me of this friggin' awesome card I sent Evan one time: on the front it said "When life gives you lemons..." and on the inside it said:

"You throw those lemons back in life's face and say '&*^% your lemons!' That way Life will be scared to mess with you again!!"

I should buy more of that card. It was priceless.