Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The List (and a copy of the list, in case anything happens to the first list)

I checked out of the Crappiest Western today, and into The Hotel Belnord, which is a clean, quiet, tiny hostel-like hotel on the Upper West Side. Teeny TINY. My room is like, 3' wider than the double bed. The double bed that I have to share with Krysten for the next 3 nights. Krys, I hope you like me a lot!!!

I was trying to dial up and my phone wouldn't work, and so when I called the front desk, he told me I needed to put down a $50 deposit before he would turn on my phone. The hell? I ended up paying $10 for 1 day of wi-fi, so you probably won't see much of me (or Krysten) for the next few days.

I have always said, if I was going to be a permanent New Yorker... if I was going to build a life and a family here, it would be the Upper West Side. I LOVE it. It's so residential. It's practically the suburbs. It's all quiet, tree-lined streets, brownstones, elementary schools, old people walking their dogs... this is where the New Yorkers live. It's so quaint and charming.

So, on to The List! I've made a list of all the things I want to do (and a copy of the list, in case anything happens to the first list). Sunday night, I'll let you know how many we actually did.

( ) Corner Bistro
( ) Chumley's
( ) Alice's Tea Cup
( ) Museum of Natural History
( ) Pearl River
( ) Magnolia Bakery
( ) MoMa
( ) The Met
( ) Cowgirl Hall of Fame
( ) Toto
( ) Marco & Pepe
( ) The Triplets of Belleville
( ) an H&H bagel
( ) Central Park
( ) Ray's Pizza
( ) Bethesda Fountain
( ) Gray's Papaya
( ) The Unicorn Tapestries at the Cloisters
( ) Little Italy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, that sounds like fun! here's to lists, copies of lists, and the big apple!

hello jamie: said...

If only it were Circus Amok time!!!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a blast!
I saw Triplets of Belleville and it's...um...very French (kinda weird). Just FYI

hello jamie: said...

I've already seen it, Jul, and loved it!! The music is great.

Anonymous said...

music was great, you are so right about that. hope everything else on the list is going great