Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The List (and a copy of the list, in case anything happens to the first list)

I checked out of the Crappiest Western today, and into The Hotel Belnord, which is a clean, quiet, tiny hostel-like hotel on the Upper West Side. Teeny TINY. My room is like, 3' wider than the double bed. The double bed that I have to share with Krysten for the next 3 nights. Krys, I hope you like me a lot!!!

I was trying to dial up and my phone wouldn't work, and so when I called the front desk, he told me I needed to put down a $50 deposit before he would turn on my phone. The hell? I ended up paying $10 for 1 day of wi-fi, so you probably won't see much of me (or Krysten) for the next few days.

I have always said, if I was going to be a permanent New Yorker... if I was going to build a life and a family here, it would be the Upper West Side. I LOVE it. It's so residential. It's practically the suburbs. It's all quiet, tree-lined streets, brownstones, elementary schools, old people walking their dogs... this is where the New Yorkers live. It's so quaint and charming.

So, on to The List! I've made a list of all the things I want to do (and a copy of the list, in case anything happens to the first list). Sunday night, I'll let you know how many we actually did.

( ) Corner Bistro
( ) Chumley's
( ) Alice's Tea Cup
( ) Museum of Natural History
( ) Pearl River
( ) Magnolia Bakery
( ) MoMa
( ) The Met
( ) Cowgirl Hall of Fame
( ) Toto
( ) Marco & Pepe
( ) The Triplets of Belleville
( ) an H&H bagel
( ) Central Park
( ) Ray's Pizza
( ) Bethesda Fountain
( ) Gray's Papaya
( ) The Unicorn Tapestries at the Cloisters
( ) Little Italy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Ryan said...

man, that sounds like fun! here's to lists, copies of lists, and the big apple!

February 23, 2006 8:01 AM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

If only it were Circus Amok time!!!

February 23, 2006 8:24 AM  
Anonymous julia said...

sounds like a blast!
I saw Triplets of Belleville and it's...um...very French (kinda weird). Just FYI

February 23, 2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

I've already seen it, Jul, and loved it!! The music is great.

February 24, 2006 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Julia said...

music was great, you are so right about that. hope everything else on the list is going great

February 25, 2006 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home