Friday, February 10, 2006

Quick Update

Hey kids, quick update from the coffee shop I've been frequenting. Fingers crossed I will have internet at my house by this afternoon.

It's cold, raining, and my furniture should be here in just a few hours. Fun times. So far since I've been in Dallas, I've had sushi with Erin, lunch with Scott, coffee with Ryan, spent $300 at Target, had 2 moles biopsied (more facial scars, natch), and bought a fabulous new coffee pot. I ran water through it yesterday to clean it out, around 4pm, and when I got in at 11pm, I poured a cup and it was still steaming hot, yo! I love it!! Also, you can set it to be ready when you wake up. ROCK.

Oh, and the USB ports on my new laptop don't work. I'm pissed.

I'm on my way home to wait for the cable guy. XOXOX

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot to new homes! I'm so very excited for you although those bloody USB ports should be ripped to shreds. No one would blame if you if pulled a Peter Gibbons.

Email me with your new address as I have yet to send you your Disney postcard and now I can send it straight to you instead of your mom!

krysten said...

"CABLE GUUUUUUUUUUUUUY!"

haha.

why oh why would you want a coffee pot that tells you "hong long your coffee has been waiting for you"? LOL! what a funny option to have on a coffee pot. i mean maybe it would be useful in an office setting so you knew how old it was, but i mean if you're at home...didnt you MAKE the coffee?? dont you already KNOW how long its been there?? hmmmmm.

it is nice that it goes right into a thermal carafe though, thats the only thing i wish my coffee pot did in addition to the other fan-dangled things it does.

you make me feel like i need to go to the dr more often. surely theres something on me that needs to be examined or biopsied or removed! haha. best of luck with all that fun stuff.

love you, miss you, have fun getting settled!

Anonymous said...

hey, at least the computer isn't flashing you the blue screen of death and complaining about a lack of operating systems anymore! oh yeah - and good work on the weather tonight. i'll be extra motivated to get from the moving truck to the apartment since it's -20 degrees outside! :)

The Bagboy said...

Hmm...sushi with Erin, lunch with Scott, coffee with Ryan, money for Target...seems like something's missing from that list.

Something involving hot dogs...

Kelly said...

Congrats on getting your hope together. I bet if feels good to be home. Are you all having rain today too?

hello jamie: said...

OHHHHHH, and I introduced Bill to the Chicago hot dog.

That was not a euphamism for anything... we really ate hot dogs.

hello jamie: said...

OH, and my new computer? Piece of SHITE. I'm still getting the black screen of death "OS not found." It's now making a horrid clicking sound. I've left the "store" an e-mail AND a voice mail, and I am flaming peeved.

krysten said...

oh NO!

that stinks!!!! i hope you can get it all cleared up with them.