Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Making a stop at the Frustration Station.

I'm trying to get my cable/internet service started. When I call 1-888-GET-CHARTER from the hotel phone, I get the Salt Lake City office. When I call it from my cell phone, I get the New Jersey office. Neither of them can just transfer me to Texas. The hell? Nice information technology.

ETA: They can't help me because whoever lived there before me has not yet terminated his service. And his bill is up-to-date, even though that apartment has been vacant for well over a month. I need to fax them my lease and THEN call... which is extremely inconvenient since the time I have to make the call is away from the fax machine.

GAH.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sadly comcast is just as bad as charter. yay for Dallas cable!

Gina said...

Damn the man!

Hee.

Shelly said...

So...does your nose have bling now?

The Bagboy said...

Satellite is the way to go. More channels for your money, better selections, better quality, and no more digital cable nonsense. Do it!

hello jamie: said...

No can do, boo-boo. I'm not allowed to put up the receiver on my building.

Plus, you know I HAVE to have a cable modem. Dial-up is for the birds and I can't get DSL because I have no landline.

I got a great deal, actually, if I can you know, get it entered.