Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Making a stop at the Frustration Station.

I'm trying to get my cable/internet service started. When I call 1-888-GET-CHARTER from the hotel phone, I get the Salt Lake City office. When I call it from my cell phone, I get the New Jersey office. Neither of them can just transfer me to Texas. The hell? Nice information technology.

ETA: They can't help me because whoever lived there before me has not yet terminated his service. And his bill is up-to-date, even though that apartment has been vacant for well over a month. I need to fax them my lease and THEN call... which is extremely inconvenient since the time I have to make the call is away from the fax machine.

GAH.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Julia said...

sadly comcast is just as bad as charter. yay for Dallas cable!

February 01, 2006 2:58 PM  
Blogger Giovanna said...

Damn the man!

Hee.

February 02, 2006 4:47 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

So...does your nose have bling now?

February 02, 2006 7:52 AM  
Blogger The Bagboy said...

Satellite is the way to go. More channels for your money, better selections, better quality, and no more digital cable nonsense. Do it!

February 02, 2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

No can do, boo-boo. I'm not allowed to put up the receiver on my building.

Plus, you know I HAVE to have a cable modem. Dial-up is for the birds and I can't get DSL because I have no landline.

I got a great deal, actually, if I can you know, get it entered.

February 02, 2006 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home