Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Mommy, what's a weekend?

It's weird that I said to Bill just yesterday that I was channeling my inner Chloe, because last night on 24, when Edgar said "I know that was hard, but you did the right thing," Chloe and I said at the exact same time, in the exact same tone: "Shut up, Edgar." Yes, I'm talking to the television screen now. Think that was a shout-out to TwoP? If so, well-played, 24 writers.

So it's my last day in Vegas!! Can you guys believe that I'm moving TOMORROW? It's not even real yet; I've been so busy I haven't really had time to get excited. No kidding, I've worked 148 hours since I got here two Tuesdays ago, and that included one whole day off. You guys know how much I abhor Las Vegas - it's just so trashy. Everything about it is fake, huge, sparkly, and cheap-- all strip malls and chain restaurants, and planned communities, which I loathe. ANYway... all that to say that I had a surprisingly nice trip this time around. The show was normal-busy, but so far from what I was expecting after last July that I was pleasantly surprised. There's a new account exec on this show, and I adored her, and my co-workers were freaking amazing. I'm actually going to miss them!

I'll be home (home!!) for a week - and I have 2 doctor's appointments, a haircut, appointments with 2 people at TCU about grad school, and about a million errands to do. I'll be back the 26th-3rd, and then gone for ALL of March. ALL OF IT!! At this rate I think I might be unpacked by September. Ugh.

Soooo, I'm really looking forward to my quiet evening at the hotel. My roommate left today and I'm going to do laundry, eat leftovers (can you believe I had baked ziti and a Pittsburgh chocolate chip cookie for breakfast?), watch House, and pack. I have a feeling it will be a while before I'll have another night like tonight- in fact, I'm hoping to get out of here before 5pm so my evening can start in the afternoon. I was originally keeping my fingers crossed for noon but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Sheesh.

Anyway, hope everyone is well, and that the Welcome Wagon is waiting for me tomorrow. Look out Texas!!

3 comments:

Gina said...

*does the House dance*

Oh I have missed him sooooo much. I can't wait to watch tonight!

I loved, loved, loved the little smile Edgar gave that they closed in on after she said that. I want to hug him. And George from GA. Hee.

krysten said...

OMG, i SO totally was going to blog about how i said "Shut up, Edgar!" right as Chloe said it!

and how thankful am i that SOMEONE FInally slapped pres. logan?!

but instead of blogging, i'll go clean up some more vomit...yippee.

*sobs*

hello jamie: said...

G, I always want to hug George from GA... but maybe in a different way than you do. *wink*

Krys, me too (re: slapping POTUS). Logan is a tool.

Is it weird that I just defrosted edamame with my space heater on my desk? lol...