Sunday, February 26, 2006

This is for all my kara-OK! co-stars...

I will blog soon and very soon about my trip to NYC in general and specifically about our mad karaoke party last night (btw, is anyone else's throat killing them?)... but for now, I have dinner to cook, TV to watch, laundry to do, and sleep to have.

WELL. Today, I get to Dallas, and it's sunny and 65. That's right: about 40-50 degrees warmer than I've been for the last 10 days. The car rental place offered me a free upgrade to a convertible PT Cruiser. It's Clown Car 2: Electric Bugaloo! Well, it took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to get the top down (dirty!) but hey, it was 65 degrees, and I going to drive with the top down. So I finally get it situated, and drive out onto the open highway, wind in my hair, crank up the radio.... the first song I hear in its entirety??

September, by Earth Wind & Fire. Ba de ya, say do you remember?

You better believe that I sang it at the top of my lungs, sore throat be damned. That one's for you, Tonny.

Props, mad props, to all my NYC friends for a fantastic time. Pictures to come!! XOXOX

ETA: Who is currently my favorite Canadian??? I got the coolest "housewarming" gift ever today. You ROCK. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

be glad that you came today and not yesterday--it stormed like CRAZY all night and day. for the 10 days before today it has been cold and grey and nasty and reminded me of why I will never live in Seattle. so thanks for bring back the sunshine!

Shelly said...

Hey! Seattle isn't so bad...

Gina said...

That is too cool for words J. I just freaking heard September too as I cleaned up the kitchen! Love. It.

And I officially am really not like McDreamy right now. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Who is currently my favorite Canadian???

Oh my God! Is it me!? It's me, isn't it?

I bloody well love 'September'! My sister is adamant that she will be married on the 21st of September so it can be her song.

Kelly said...

That is a friggin awesome t-shirt

Bee said...

Ummm. . .September is my song, I was born in September!!! I actually got the best of EWF 6 years ago just to have that song!

ps: my verification word was besss. Muchos besos to Jamie!

krysten said...

*whines*

my throat hurts too! everything else finally stopped hurting, so now i can feel how bad i wrecked my throat screaming and singing at the top of my lungs.

and about that mad party blog....be nice.