Monday, February 27, 2006

As promised...

OK, as promised, my fabulous weekend in NYC. Wednesday I moved hotels and did laundry and met Tonny for our anniversary at Under the Volcano, then did sushi and Irish pub. Thursday I worked from a coffee shop at 100th and Central Park West, and then went to the Park with Ev. We took some fun and awesome pictures. Krysten came in Thursday night and we, well... we did a lot. Here's what we accomplished out of The List:

(x) Corner Bistro
(x) Chumley's
( ) Alice's Tea Cup (just plain forgot... guess I should have been carrying my copy of the list)
(x) Museum of Natural History
(x) Pearl River
(x) Magnolia Bakery
(x) MoMa
( ) The Met (allll the way over on the Upper East Side... meh)
(x) Cowgirl Hall of Fame
(x) Toto
(x) Marco & Pepe (well, half of us, anyway!! *wink*)
(x) The Triplets of Belleville
(x) an H&H bagel
( ) Central Park (too damn COLD)
( ) Ray's Pizza (too damn FULL)
( ) Bethesda Fountain (cold)
( ) Gray's Papaya (full)
( ) The Unicorn Tapestries at the Cloisters (far)
(x) Little Italy

Pretty impressive, no? Krysten was a trooper. It was wicked cold and we did a ton of walking around outside. Thursday we met Tonya at Corner Bistro, then Evan met up with us at Chumley's, then Krysten and I found a secret bar with a hot, bald bartender and spent like, a hundred dollars on fancy drinks. I wish I were kidding. Then we ate tiramisu and I believe there were more drinks and we went to bed at 3:45. AM. Um... yeah. Friday we slept in, natch, got bagels and falafel (those were 2 separate meals, btw) and did 2 museums and a French film and then went downtown with Tom and pulled another 2am-er. Saturday we had the most fabulous lunch in Little Italy, did a little shopping, met Tonya and Tom at Cowgirl, and went to Evan's karaoke birthday party.

OHMIGAH.

It was SO FUN. They rented out a karaoke room in a Japanese karaoke studio. It was BYOB and had screens with awful b-actor cheese-scenes and mics and colored disco lights and everything. It was HILARIOUS. Krysten will have to give you her version of the night.... it was a lot different than mine. *wink* I started with a little "These Boots are Made for Walking." Schmev and I sang Sonny and Cher's "I Got You Babe." Tom dominated David Lee Roth's "Gigolo," then he and I did "I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues." Tonny and I bow-chicka-bow-bowed through Captain and Tenille's "Love Will Keep Us Together." Two non-blondes brought down the casbah with 4 Non-Blondes' "What's Up." We got into a serious hair band run toward the end of the night and I think I lost my voice during "Bad Medicine." Whoa-whoa-whoa, shake it up!! It was another 4am night for me and I met Tonny at Marco & Pepe for brunch before Krys and I went back to the airport.

Aaaaand, the end. I came back tired and happy. I cooked myself a solitary meal and laid on the couch all evening. All in all, it was a super-duper vacation. Thanks Krys!!!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I don't know what to say.

You were born to be my baby.

And baby...

...I was made to be your man.

Anonymous said...

In case any of the guys from Toto Music Studio happen to read your blog, they are Koreans. It was Koreatown and no, for the hundredth time, all Asians don't look the same! Why do you have to be racist?

hello jamie: said...

because I'm a racist b*tch, Evan, OBviously. Happy freaking birthday, white boy.

Kelly said...

Looks like you had a great time! What does your blue t-shirt say?

hello jamie: said...

It was great, Utopia, and my shirt says "Reading is Sexy." :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I bloody well love the Korean karaoke joints! We have those here too and they even give us tambourines. The non-sensical videos? Classic.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, nice-- I am pro karaoke rooms!
I could have added some mean Beattle's licks to the repertoire. Alas...the Dallas Koreaborhood is still developing, and hasn't added all the perks of a full Koreatown.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, nice-- I am pro karaoke rooms!
I could have added some mean Beattle's licks to the repertoire. Alas...the Dallas Koreaborhood is still developing, and hasn't added all the perks of a full Koreatown.

Anonymous said...

Sorry my comment is in there more than once...the Post a Comment kept making me re-enter the word verification.

Shelly said...

Wow, that's a whole lot of sight seeing and singing jam packed in a few days!

So, now you both have to come to Seattle and we can paint the town red...or blue, or green.

Bee said...

Now I want to go to NYC! No fair! = (

Anonymous said...

me too!