Sunday, February 05, 2006

I *heart* televison.

OK, seriously, Liza Minelli is on Inside the Actor's Studio and The Puppy Bowl II is on Animal Planet (that's right; I said "II"). I'm so torn. Shelly and I were just talking about The Puppy Bowl- I'm so glad someone else saw it so at least I know I didn't hallucinate it- and we can't really figure out what's going on there. I mean, there are fans in the stands. No, seriously. But as far as we can tell, it's just puppies, playing with toys, in a "football arena." Actually, I just saw one of the puppies become all grown up, if you know what I mean. ("Joey? We always know what you mean."~ Monica) Honestly, this is why I rarely turn on the TV "just to see what's on." Ooooh, never mind, Ellen is on Comedy Central. She freakin' kills me. I love that she can base an entire comedy routine on actually being funny, instead of her race or her sexual preference. She's just... funny. She tells real-life funny stories, about going to the dentist, or ADD, or airplanes. Go, Ellen, go!

OH, is it just me, or does 24's FLOTUS look an awful lot like Samantha Jones?

So, it was soooo slow at work today. Painfully so. Everyone kept saying "no one's working today; it's a holiday weekend" and after about the 5th holiday reference I realized that Las Vegas considers Superbowl Sunday a holiday. Soooo, we left at 1:30pm and went to a bar. That's right. What's better than drinking during the day? The other 2 left for their respective Superbowl parties and I came home and took a nap. A) that's what's better than drinking during the day: drinking during the day and then napping. *wink*

OK, *yawn* - I really should get some real sleep. I have another day and a half to go. Our two freelancers left last night and Les is leaving after tomorrow, so Tuesday's really going to be a killer. With any luck I'll be out of there by noon. And to Texas on Wednesday!! I can't believe it's here already! I'm so excited.

Goodnight, readers. Goodnight, Ellen. Goodnight, moon.

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Two things:

1. I absolutely adore Ellen. LOVE HER. I'm going to try to get tickets to see her show when I'm down in the area. And if I can get some (tickets, that is), that would probably be the coolest thing ever.

2. Goodnight, moon is my all time favorite Children's book - hands down.

Still not quite sure about that whole Puppy Bowl thing...

The Bagboy said...

Umm, you DO know that FLOTUS is played by Jean Smart? Of Designing Women and Garden State? So if anybody looks like anybody, Kim Cattrall looks like Jean Smart. So nyeh.

Gina said...

What's a FLOTUS? Oh, never mind. It just sounded so obscene...

hello jamie: said...

Dear Bill McCondescension, of course I know FLOTUS is played my Jean Smart; if you read my blog regularly you would know that because I already referenced her. Nyeh. Secondly, I didn't say that Jean Smart looked like Kim Cattrall; I said that FLOTUS looked like Samantha Jones, and since the Samantha character came before the Marty Logan character, I stand by my statement.

Also, bite me.

hello jamie: said...

and PS> a cursory IMDB search reveals that Kim Cattrall is 3 years older than Jean Smart.

Bite me again.

The Bagboy said...

A cursory examination of their past roles reveals that Jean Smart could act Kim Cattrall right the hell out of her whore pants any day. Mannequin anyone?

And I DO read your blog every day, but sometimes my eyes cross with all the West Wing fanwankery going on, so it's not surprising I might miss a thing or two. Even if you're not actively posting about it, its influence gives me migraines.

And what's age got to do with it? Dubya is 15 years older than Senator Barack Obama (D, Illinois), but that doesn't make me trust him more.

The Bagboy said...

and PS> I win at the internet.

hello jamie: said...

Who said anything about their acting abilities or their trustworthiness? I believe my exact comment was "OH, is it just me, or does 24's FLOTUS look an awful lot like Samantha Jones?"

You don't have to get all dramatic about it. *channeling my inner Chloe*

PS> you SO do not.

The Bagboy said...

I too was using age as a qualifier. What's it have to do with whether or not they look like one another?

and PS> I have a certificate from the Association for Scientific Smarminess and Hundreds of Other Lame Endeavors (A.S.S.H.O.L.E.) that says I do. And they're scientific.