Sunday, February 12, 2006

Bed, sweet, bed.

I'm in my own bed, on my own mattress, for the first time since Memorial Day. Obviously... the bed was first on my list. There are still boxes everywhere, cables all over the place, bare walls, etc. But I am SO GLAD to have my things back!! It's like Christmas over here! Oh, speaking of Christmas, I had asked my parents to wait until I moved to get me a present, since I needed so many things, and I got these. Ace-high!! For myself I bought a santoku knife and 10" chef's knife. I swear I could spend a cool coupla thousand on new kitchen gadgets.

I spent my first evening alone in my new place. I ordered Chinese from the one menu I've received so far, and not only do they have excellent crab rangoon, but they have spicy sesame chicken!! Yummmmm!! It was a little expensive but at least 3 if not 4 helpings. I'll stay on the search.

I put up some of my bathroom and some of my kitchen, did 2 loads of laundry, and took out 3 loads of empty boxes and crumpled up newspaper. The Post, most of it. I also DVR'ed my first 2 shows ever, so that was a big step.

But my BED!!! It's sooo comfortable. I wish I could sleep in but alas, I have a meeting in Ft. Worth tomorrow at 10am. *yawn* Meaning, I should get some sleep. Good night, mattress. Good night, alarm clock. Good night, lamp. Good night, moon.

3 comments:

Sivan Hadari - ISRAMERICA said...

Hye
Just blogging around and found yours. Really good read - keep up the good work.
Also I was wondering if you could help me out. I was trying to edit my side bar on my blog and add links that i like and blogs that i read to it but I dont know how tomake those changes to my template.
would it be too much to ask a stranger who's blog i really like for some advice on how to do that?
Thanxs
Sivan
http://sivaninthecity.blogspot.com/

Gina said...

*high fives J*

Welcome home sweetie!

hello jamie: said...

Sure Sivan, I'm happy to help... it teaches me, too. Zip me an e-mail with your e-mail address at texandthecity@hotmail.com and I'll send you some pointers.

Also, I'll be in Manhattan on Thursday, so I'll wave across the East River to ya. :-)