Saturday, February 04, 2006

I got your shanf right here.

In Genesis 24:22 Abraham requested his oldest servant to find a wife for his son Isaac, the servant found Rebekah, and one of the gifts he gave her was the Hebrew word "shanf," which is translated as "nose-ring."

Just wanted to throw in that Biblical reference. Y'know, just in case.


So, I got my nose pierced. I've been thinking about it for a looooong time, seriously thinking about it for a while, and finally went this evening. I think it's pretty cool. I wanted the smaller one than I got, like a teeny tiny dot, but I have to wait a couple of months. The girl that did it is super cool (she pierced my cartilage last July) and when I come back to Las Vegas in early March she will switch it out with the smaller one for me.

Also, when I got to my hotel today, I had a box of chocolates from a freight foreman out of Dallas that I work with a lot, who I gave a ride to work the other morning, and he got me miserably lost. I yelled at him in the lobby of the hotel and he sent me chocolates as an "I'm sorry." Hee. I also had a Spongebob Squarepants Valentine from my new boyfriend, Bryce, and a heart-framed picture of him. Bah!



Edited to add: I have another entry for the "Things I'll Probably Never Hear Said Again" list- "OK, I'm going to stick a cork up your nose."

1 comment:

krysten said...

glad you got your valentine! i wish it could have been a TOTAL suprise, but i started to get nervous that you wouldnt get it! ;-)

love the shanf! hee! word of wisdom...be CAREFUL while washing your face!! especially in the shower, where you are least likely to remember you have it. knocking into it is NOT pleasant!