Sunday, July 30, 2006

Happy Birthday, ad infinitum


*As most of you know, I'm pretty close with my Uncle Alan, his wife Sandy, and their kids Justin and Julia (affectionately referred to as "the boy" and "the girl"). They let me crash their Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. I don't know if it's always convenient for them to make me the 5th member of their family, but they always do it graciously and I truly appreciate their collective open spirit of generosity. Jule lives here in town now, and although I don't see her half as much as I'd like, I love having her nearby. Jus lives down in Austin and I got to hang out with him 2-3 times when I was down there for work last week. I have no idea what a healthy relationship with a sibling might be like, but I imagine it's something like what I have with these two.



So, all that was pretty much just a lengthy opening act to say happy 25th birthday to my cousin Justin, a smart, funny, talented, creative, and all-around cool dude. I'm thankful that we get closer each year we mature (er... or age, anyway) and I want you to know how awesome I think it is that I have you as part of my family. The picture above was Christmas, 1982. Always a good year when you're wearing feetie pajamas.

*Jule, you can thank me later for cutting you out of the ukelele picture... but don't get too excited because you have a birthday coming up rapidly and oh yeah, there will be pictures then as well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

we love our cousin Jamie!! I'm sure you'll have some fabulous lips poked out pics for my bday--can't wait. (justin's was born on the 31st) I think those Raggedy Anne and Andy dolls now live at my parents' house. kinda scary.

hello jamie: said...

well... um... OBviously I meant happy birthday tomorrow.

*runs off to change calendar*

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props for the Barclay clan. And it was very poingnant to see those pics of the J-man when he was just a little boy. Tempus sure does fugit, don't it?

Are you sure about the year? Christmas 1982 would make him only 17 months. He looks older. But whatever.

(Oh, and by the way, Julia's birthday is the 11th, not the 10th. Don't neec another faux pas so soon. You have a Mensa reputation to uphold now.)

Anonymous said...

our family rocks

hello jamie: said...

Dec 1982 is what the back of the photo says. I wish they still did that!

I *never* forget Jules' bday because it's 2 days before mine, and every year we argue over who shares Hitchcock's birthday.

It's me, by the way.

Anonymous said...

ok fine...it's your birthday. imdb and wikipedia both report 8/13/1899

(hangs head in defeat)

hello jamie: said...

*does the Rocky victory loop*