Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I hate that #$&*-ing tree!!!!


Oh, the glory of 24.

First, my awesome cousin Justin told me about this story involving Keifer and a ill-fated Christmas tree. And how he (Justin, not Keifer) has taken to screaming "I hate that $%&*-ing tree!!" at the screen during 24. Brilliant.

More brilliant? The fact that he (again, Justin, not Keifer) had friends over for the premiere and told them to "bring [their] peeps." One of them brought, literally, leftover Christmas Peeps - the decorate-your-own Christmas tree kind, which they all decorated with guns and CTU badges and anti-terrorism statements. I was speechless with wonder and disappointment that I missed such an event.

Today, G sent me this blog - which was pretty freaking great, except that the author refers to TONY ALMEIDA as "Jack Bauer, Jr." Oh NO he di-int!!

The best part, though, was his link to the 30 Random Jack Bauer Facts, which could not be greater. My Top 5 Favorite of the 30:

  • If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.
  • If life hands Jack Bauer lemons, he uses them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer fucking hates lemonade.
  • If Jack Bauer were in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
  • Upon casting Keifer Sutherland as Jack Bauer, Jack killed Keifer. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.

and my favorite....

  • Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

HA! So, I normally am not a fan of people just blogging other people's blogs, which I realize I just totally did. Hopefully the story about Justin and the CTU peeps made it worth it.

Hey Krysten and Brad, we should start keeping a running tab of how many people Jack Bauer punches in the throat. We'll start with 2 points for the scissors. Because OH. MY. GAH.

5 comments:

Gina said...

No shit, I read those facts over and over again, and kept laughing out loud.

"Jack Bauer fucking hates lemonade"

*snort*

krysten said...

"Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry."

"When you open a can of whoop-ass, Jack Bauer jumps out."

LOL!

those are awesome! and yes, he gets 2 points for the scissors in the neck move. i think i actually yelled "YES!" when he did that, didnt i?

could he be any more bad-ass??? i mean, SERIOUSLY?!

Anonymous said...

http://www.transbuddha.com/mediaHolder.php?id=1329

J-consider this me reminding you...hope you are back in the land of high speed internets. Japan is a funny place.

We've been keeping a running tally of Jack Bauer's kills. He's at nine (9) so far. That's an average of 1.8 kills per hour after five hours. At this rate he should have 43.2 kills at the end of the day.

Also, Chloe Dynamite is on track to have sex 4.8 times by 7p.m.

hello jamie: said...

how did I not realize that you guys have the SAME INITIALS? you are too cool.

thanks for the death toll. did you HEAR me ask that from 2000 miles away? keep it up... I'd like and end-of-the-season tally.

you rock.

Dave Amirault said...

Thanks for checking out MMP!