Saturday, January 14, 2006

Do you smell what I smell?

"Smell is a potent wizard that transports you across ... all the years you have lived." ~Helen Keller

They say that the sense of smell is the sense which is most closely connected to your memory.

You know how everyone has their own unique scent? I, for example, smell like Lever 2000, lavender oil, and Forever by Alfred Sung. My hair smells like Pantene, Bumble & Bumble, Tigi, and Suave. My clothes smell like Tide and Bounce. (Wow, it takes a lot of products to smell this good!) The blend of all these scents reacts with Jamie's own pH and pheromones to make the unique scent that keeps the fellas a-comin'. Or you know, whatever.

Now, you guys know I am no stranger to crazy dreams. You know how you have those incredibly vivid ones where you wake up mad at someone, or enamored with someone, or something like that? The kind that discombobulate you up for the whole next day? Well, last night I had one of those dreams about a certain someone from my past (no not you, you egomaniac!). And no, it wasn't one of those kind of dreams, but the Dream Me was hanging out with the Dream Him and I kept noticing the way he smelled, and how long it had been since I had smelled that particular scent, and when I woke up, I was absolutely certain I had been in his company. It was so WEIRD. I'm still kinda creeped out.

And on another topic: How out of shape can one person possibly be? A: I played darts with Brian the other night, and now my right arm hurts.

No comments: