Thursday, January 26, 2006

so no one told you life was gonna be this way

So I'm watching Friends... how can it be so funny and so touching all within 23 minutes? This show was just genius. I'm watching the one where Joey finds the keys to the Porsche (pretty lame subplot), Phoebe, Monica, and Chandler take care of the triplets and Chandler swallows Krog's sonic blaster, and Rachel finds out that she and Ross are still married.

Phoebe: A real man wouldn't go to the hospital! Krog will make his way through your system in 7 years.
Chandler: Phoebe, that's gum.
Phoebe: I'm pretty sure it's GUN.

But then when Ross and Rachel sign their divorce papers, they talk about their relationship, and each other, and it's just so SWEET. Really great writing. They really don't make sit-coms like this anymore.

Can you believe Krysten has never seen this show?? Raise your hand if you think she needs to borrow my DVDs.

12 comments:

Dannybrou said...

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???

KRYSTEN...HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

Kelly said...

That is pretty bazzaro!

krysten said...

*hides face behind hands*

i've just never been much of a sit-com watcher!! sorry!!

and in my own defense...i HAVE SEEN the show, i just never WATCHED the show. i've seen a few episodes. hubby isn't much on it though, so me trying to turn it on now is met with resistence.

i would gladly borrow your dvds! "throw it on the pile, i suppose"

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know a guy who was never WATCHED or SEEN the show. I kid you not, I said something referencing the show and he was like, "Friends?" Wha????

krysten said...

i dont feel so bad now...

Shelly said...

Are we playing a game? I have never seen OR watched Sex & the City.

But, Krysten...Friends? COME ON!!!

hello jamie: said...

Oh, man, Sex & the City post coming up soon. *wink*

krysten said...

i have never EVER seen sex and the city, and the only time i have EVER seen Desparate housewives, OR Grey's Anatomy, OR TWW is when jamie was here...

i think i'm winning the game!

hello jamie: said...

Man, it's a good thing you met me!

krysten said...

oh! and i've never seen Lost, or Alias either.

and i saw 24 for the first time last fall when we borrowed seasons 1-3 from my in-laws.

i win.

Brain Diva said...

There are a lot of shows I don't care for or have never watched but Friends is just too good for that. J., by the way, Matthew Perry is the lead in the next Aaron Sorkin TV project. A combination of your 2 loves. I linked to the article about it on my blog. :)

hello jamie: said...

I loved him on TWW!

Matthew Perry (as Joe Quincy): CJ Cregg, you've only known me for 5 minutes! It usually takes people the better part of an hour to hate me and everything I stand for!

CJ: I'm the White House Press Secretary Boo-Boo; I don't have that kind of time.