Monday, January 02, 2006

We gather together.

I had the greatest day today. It started with an everything bagel with chive cream cheese from Einstein Brothers. As if that wasn't enough!! I hung out with my darling cousin all day, got a bunch of things done, met Amy for Tex-Mex (seriously, how do the other 49 states live without this stuff?) and then had drinks at Trinity Hall, an Irish pub, with possibly my favorite 9 people on the planet. I was missing Sandy and Angela, but Scott, Kathryn, Amy, Ryan, Taylor, Carrie, Madison, Dave, Julia, and I all crowded around a table for 4 and man... I just don't have words. Except I do, and they are: my friends are awesome. Truly remarkable people. I am so lucky!! Next time I gripe about the lack of love in my life... point me back to these people.

Now, I know I do a lot of talk on this blog about The West Wing. I'm immersed in Season 2 right now, and just watched "Shibboleth." Let's talk some unbelievably amazing writing. WOW. Funny, touching, meaningful, all in the right places. When Sam and Toby banter about the Thanksgiving Proclomation and Josh is flipping the coin? Hilarious. The scene between Bartlet and the Chinese Christian refugee? It was just... beautiful. I wish I could find the quote for you. And when POTUS gives Charlie the carving knife? Man, I lose it every time. *sniff*

I believe this episode was nominated for and won the Emmy for Outstanding Writing in a Dramatic Series. If it didn't, it damn well should have.

4 comments:

krysten said...

i am writing those names down now.....

hello jamie: said...

Who, my favorite people?

krysten said...

mm-hmm. just wanna be prepared with my pointing finger...

Gina said...

Hey! Love the new look. I just got caught up on The Life of Jamie. Wish you were coming to Boston. Meh!