Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It's another beautiful day in sunny Arizona.

I assume. I'm not there any more and I'm so sad. I've been meaning to blog about it for a couple of days and stupid work has been getting in the way. I mean, hello, trying to play on the internet here!!

So, many of you are probably wondering how I know Krysten. Interesting story, really. I know Krysten through the wonderful world of Webternet. That's right, folks. We found each other here. Krysten went to high school with J.T. They reunited at their 10-year reunion - a good spot for reuniting, as it was. Through the awesomeness of this trio of blogs, we read each other's comments (I'm pretty sure we first bonded over Billy Joel), posted, started e-mailing, then calling, then visiting. I never would have met her without this string of events. And I could not be more pleased.

So really, if you're reading and not commenting... you should. You never know when you'll make a new friend. :-) Shameless plug over.

SO. I flew into Phoenix last Friday. Completely foreign terrain to this East Texas girl. This was the view from my balcony (that's right, I said my balcony):


Mountains and palm trees and sunshine, oh my! Krysten had me all set up in the garage apartment with all the modern conveniences of home (but no rent!). There was a couch and full bedroom and bathroom, my own thermostat, radio/TV/wi-fi, microwave, coffee pot... and she left me a basket of lavender-scented goodies and a homemade scarf! Talk about making a girl feel welcome!

We went to Taco Bell for dinner so right away I was in love with Krysten. I also promptly fell in love with this guy:


Haha! I was tickling him and HE looks guilty. I trained him from the get-go to scream "I MISS JAMIE!!!" everytime I disappeared from sight. Yeah, I have a way with the fellas. Krysten says he's been asking for me since I left. *sniff* I wanted to take him with me but was not permitted. His favorite new catch phrase (since I laugh every time he says it) is "Wha' happen'd?".

Friday night, Krysten, Brad, Bryce and I went to Chanelle's husband's 30th birthday party. There were a TON of people, none of whom I knew, obviously, so Krysten served as my tour guide, if you will, for her peeps. We sat in the corner (with more food, obviously - if I lived with Krysten I would weight 800lbs) and she told me all the goods on everyone.

Saturday morning we all went to brunch which was great, except the waitress mistakenly put the extra avocado I requested for my breakfast quesadillas into Krysten's Italian omelette. Yep, right there alongside her sausage, peppers, onions, and marinara sauce. GROOOSSSSS!

You've all heard the story of Saturday night.... and Sunday, too. Sunday evening Brad and Krysten were generous enough to give me reign of the television, so amidst our Chinese food and copious numbers of cocktails, we watched The West Wing, Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy. We ended up staying up late with MORE cocktails (with Brad as our pusher) and talking. I believe Brad got the fuzzy end of that lollipop, as he was not only sick in the night, but the only one of us to have to go to work the next day with his hangover. Krysten and I? Well, we just got up and made some bloody marys.

Monday was pretty lazy, lotta lying around, playing with Bryce, playing on the computer, and we had a big dinner party. Krysten made baked ziti with Italian sausage and we all had ice cream for dessert (except O'Brad, poor Brad, who was still feeling bad). We ate and talked and when everyone left, we watched 24.

Tuesday morning Krysten and I went to Harlow's Cafe (yes, that Harlow) for a truly wonderful burger and I was so sad to be going to the airport!

It's amazing and wonderful to find a true friend where least expected. Krysten and Brad could not have been more hospitable to a virtual stranger in their home. Oh, and we only took one picture of the two of us, and it's kind of big-head scary:


But there it is.

Krys, I had a BLAST! Expect a fun thank-you gift in the mail shortly. *wink*

1 comment:

krysten said...

ice cream covered in alcohol, no less! haha! there was a theme to the weekend...let's see...what WAS it??

*snort*

our big-head picture doesnt look SO bad when its that small...luckily you cant click on it and get the life-size shot...where i'm sure you could see pieces of food in our teeth, and any eyebrow hairs we may have missed plucking. ;-)

we SO enjoyed having you here, and you are welcome again ANYtime!

i thought about blogging about having you here, but i think i would cry. so i'll leave it to you!