Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I miss the Internet, and Random TV Thoughts.

OK, do you know how much you depend on the internet? Try living without if for a couple of days. I mean, I've checked my e-mail... but only a coupla times a day and from my parents' bedroom... and even now, as I try to blog on the antiquated iMac and 26Kbps dial-up, the only buttons that show up in this window are "check spelling" and "insert photo" so all html must be entered by hand. Including paragraph breaks. I'm so confused. How old is this browser?

So, I've been watching a lot of TV. Well, even more than usual. Here are my thoughts (unbulleted, because there's no bullet option).

Skating with Celebrities? SERIOUSLY? There's apparently no end to the horror reality tv will reach.

Right now my mom is watching Oprah and that woman whose husband disappeared on the cruise ship is battling it out on her couch with the cruise company prez, and I know everyone thinks Oprah is a saint so I'm sure I'll step on some toes by saying this: I know she does some great things and I'm not saying anything detrimental about her character, but I just don't understand why the hell people watch this crap. Seriously? This is enjoyable? This is entertainment? Seriously?!?

I've watched 14 episodes of Gilmore Girls in the past 5 days so I'm talking at the speed of light and dropping pop culture references at every turn.

Favorite quote of the week from a show I watched many weeks late: "...served on a bed of frisee, the awkward lettuce. It's like eating somebody's afro." ~Kitchen Confidential, the one with Michael Vartan in his French accent! mmmmm.

Favorite quote of the week from a show that is far too intelligent for American network TV: "I don't have a son [narrator: He does] but when I do someday, I will either tell him we have a cabin in the woods and take him there, or I will tell him we have a cabin in the woods and not take him there, but the one thing I will never do is not tell him we have a cabin in the woods and then not take him there." ~G.O.B., Arrested Development

Why the hell is Zoey Bartlet doing Exedrin Migraine and Secret commercials? Seriously? Wasn't she on Invasion for a while? This is her career now? She didn't even go to Ellie's wedding.

Tom Cavanaugh could not be any cuter, unless perhaps he was on a show with a better title than "Love Monkey." Gah!! Freakin' ADORABLE. My heart is all a-flutter.

Do I love that Nasonex Bee? Yes I do.

So, in the past few months, I've been watching pretty much everything either on tape, or downloaded onto my computer. I rarely ever see commercials, and never see "next week on" promos. I've decided that I like it that way! It really makes my viewing more pleasing going into it completely blind. Honestly... I didn't do it on purpose but this week after introducing the promos back into my viewing, I can honestly say it's more fun to not know or see or hear anything.

There she goes, off to her room to write her hit song "Alone in Her Principles."

Back to civilization Friday. And I'm never living here again! Yay!

3 comments:

krysten said...

*running to guest bedroom to hook up the cable*

yes. civilization. right!

Anonymous said...

You are going to have a mess o' shows to catch up on missy!! Haven't seen GG or Lost from this week yet so no leaks from me. :) yay for moving back to Dallas!

The Bagboy said...

Nice "That Thing You Do" quote.