Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Happy Birthday Sandy!!!!

It's full-on birthday season here in the big D. You'll be seeing a lot of these messages to come. Some day I will be burned at the stake for posting embarrassing pictures of my friends on the internet. But today, happy birthday... to my favorite freak of nature, Sandita Bonita.

This photograph was taken in June 1996. Over 10 years ago.




Here's a famous song-and-dance number performed to the sound of bloody marys being stirred... Pt. Aransas, Summer... 2001? Someone help me out here. Look how little we were!!




And of course, the singing into spatualas. What party is complete without that? This is Sandy's surprise 24th birthday? Again, I need help with the years...




And the all-too-oft told Peep-eating contest. I totally schooled her, btw. My favorite part is that we're wearing workout clothes.




Colorado, February, 2003. How on earth could you even feel your face to smile for this picture?



Aaaaand, some big underwear. I have NO IDEA. Seems like it could be New York, but I think we've only been there together in the summer. Bueller?




As you can see by this limited sample, Sandy has been my partner in crime, my fellow freak, my yang, and many other things for about a hundred years. We're a dynamic duo. (Because there's two of us... Julia.) Happy birthday, Sandy... I love you!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh holy crap. Talk about a trip down memory lane!!!

I remember the blue blow pops like it was YESTERDAY! and the dancing and the peeps, and the singing, skiing. . . but i have NO recollection about the large underpants. WHERE IN THE WORLD??? I have on my heaviest coat and you have on a SCARF!!! Where does it GET that cold???

Is it possible we slipped into some alternate cold vortex where men have really big butts and we needed a photo for posterity, but they erased our memories before we returned??!?!

Anonymous said...

(we really WERE skinny back then! but that picture cuts off your room key, MY FAVORITE PART!)

oh, and I love you, too!! :)

Anonymous said...

You damn punk kids get the hell out of here! And I want my underwear back!

Anonymous said...

no no there are TWO of you!

I think I was with you when you bought that denim shirt at Old Navy when I was in high school....so that was definitely a while ago

Dad, I'm telling Mom you said "damn" and "hell!"