Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday, bloody Monday

Before you all raise eyebrows when I say that I've been really busy, shut up. I have been really busy. I know I'm not working, but I've been juggling a million things nonetheless. I've been up since 7:30am, thank you very much!

Thursday night was a Ryan/Taylor pre-wedding get-together. All the Nebraska folks were in town and we took them out for barbecue and country dancin'. You know, I always say I don't like country music, but truth be told, when I hear it live, it's big fun. We played pool and danced and made fun of the entire two-steppin' subculture. It was awesome.

Friday night the girls celebrated Sandy's birthday. Tin Star, yum, then Madison's famous strawberry daiquiris and homemade banana splits. (I didn't count calories on Friday, needless to say.) We got three kinds of ice cream, caramel, hot fudge, whipped cream, and of course, sprinkles. Yowza. And for those of you who looked at the pictures on Sandy's birthday post and thought we might be a little addled... well, we totally are:

Saturday was the actual wedding. WOW. Full sit-down dinner, a never-ending flow of champagne, and one of the best dj's I've ever heard. We danced like fools for at least 4 hours. And I'm here to tell you, if you ever want a really, really good calf work-out, go dance your ass off in 4" heels. I can barely walk!! My calves feel like I went snow-skiing. At any rate, the wedding was a blast. Some of us went out to The Gingerman after that (Scottie in his tux, natch) and then some of us came back to my place to watch a movie. I didn't go to sleep until 7am. I can't remember the last time I did that, but it was big fun.

Yesterday (after 5 precious hours of sleep) I studied for my Nutrition final, and cleaned my apartment. Not just cleaned it, but cle-e-e-e-aned it. Why? Because my parents - who live in OHIO - were going to "drop by" this morning. They haven't been here since we moved the furniture in. They got here around 10 and left at 2, just in time for me to jump in the car and drive to Arlington for a class. I love driving 45 minutes there, and an hour home, for a 30-minute class. But, it was 10 bonus points, so I sucked it up.

My parents came bearing gifts, or, I should say, gift - my first 30th birthday gift. The rest of you still have a couple of weeks to shop. *wink* I got a Bialetti stovetop cappucino maker. You put water in the bottom, espresso in the filter, and milk in the top, turn on the burner, and voila! Cappucino. I've been wanting one for some time; apparently it's what real Italians (and also half-breeds) use.

Off to the gym, then back for more studying. I have to make an 87 on my test to keep my A. I also have 2 reports due for work, a conference call, and a long list of errands to run. Not to mention my to-do list!!! How do people get anything done when they spend 10 hours a day in an office?

3 comments:

Shelly said...

When you are in Seattle, we MUST make those banana splits! Three kinds of ice cream? You're speaking my language!!

Good luck on your test!!

Anonymous said...

I feel ya girl!
Today is my first day of my two week summer break and I've already been to one doctor's appointment and am about to head out to another one. I have company coming in tomorrow so sheets must be washed and apartment must be cleaned by Friday (when my parents come in town). Yay for time off! Hang in there.

krysten said...

ok, ok, so this had nothing to do with the post....but shelly...i LOVE your comment pic!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! i loved the W&G episode where jack met cher in the restaurant and he totally called her out as a drag queen and began trying to upstage her on being....her. LOL! i love that show. or lovED that show.

and geez, J, "half-breed" makes me feel so...so....i dunno. but i guess half italian is better than no italian, eh?

and actually, i'm only 1/4 italian...just with a rich italian upbringing. my mom's the half-breed. ;-) but i'll still make an eggplant parm that'll kick all y'all's asses! haha!