Sunday, July 02, 2006

weekend update

I had a pretty stressful day yesterday... my phone is broken: first it stopped ringing, but it was still vibrating, and now it's not doing either. So, unless I'm actually LOOKING at my phone when a call comes in and can see it light up, I miss it (so, if I don't answer your call, you can try to IM me). I had a bugger of a time finding the Cingular store, and then after he verified that my phone was indeed broken and was indeed still under warranty, he then directed me to "call this number" for a new phone. WHY couldn't he have done it at the store? Too simple? So, anyway, I had to spend about 20 minutes on hold with a 30-second muzak loop (and apparently my speakerphone function is also broken, so I had to hold it to my ear *snort*), to then spend 30 minutes re-explaining my problem to that lady, so she could say she would send me a new phone. "Due to the holiday you may experience a delay in shipping." Awesome.

THEN, I got back home to grab a bite to eat. Our parking spots are at 90 degrees and have big metal poles between every two spots. The two rows are pretty close together (not even the width of two cars) so it's a tight squeeze to pull into one at all, especially mine, since I share my two-fer with an Escalade. I almost always have to make a 2- or 3-pt. landing. This time he was about a foot away from the pole on his side, so even though I made like a 4- or 5-pt. pull-in, I still accidentally scraped the pole on my side. I'm TICKED. I have no idea how much damage it is, but I just got that car! I looked around at the 16 spaces back there, and almost every car has some level of ding on it from one of those damn poles. So now I have to ask my 83-year old landlady for a new space.

THEN, I went for my new tattoo! Yay! My last body modification. 30 and I'm done. *weg* This one will not be easily hidden from my mother, so I'll have to decide whether I want to warn her or wait for her to find it.

Today is study study study... finals tomorrow!! Ugh, and yay.

6 comments:

iamchanelle said...

oooh! sexy mama!

:0)

krysten said...

what happened to the daisy??

love the shoes! that color rocks!

sorry to hear about the phone and the parking space pole, ugh!

Anonymous said...

love the tatooo...

Anonymous said...

wait for her to find it...i did...just a thought

Anonymous said...

looks good, looks very good...i would show her right off the bat next time you see her. if you don't, she will think you regret it

krysten said...

yep, i agree with midwestboy, definitely show it off, otherwise you're agreeing with her that you think it isnt "ok". just be like "no big deal" about it. besides, gah! you're like 30 years old - you can do what you want! she'll eventually need to realize this. ;-)

maybe you could even get her into it, haha, that's what happened to my, now pierced and tattooed, mom. awesome.