Tuesday, July 04, 2006

We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

I was awakened this morning by firecrackers near my bedroom window. I thought someone was banging on my door, and I had a mild heart attack because my phone is broken and that makes me nervous (I don't have a land line). After the heart attack I was just ticked that I was awake. Did I ever tell you guys that I have the most comfortable bed in the world? I got a mattress pad and these pillows from an exhibitor at World Market and I really think they might actually be worth what they cost. They're unbelievable. Oh, and if yaycoffee is reading this, I don't know why I didn't mention it last night when we were talking about: valerian root. Best thing to happen to insomnia since well... way before sliced bread.

So, finals are OVER! Wow. I have three whole days before I leave for work and quite honestly- no work, no school? I'm not sure what to do with myself but I haven't had an empty day for well over a month. Bill and I are watching The 4400 (geek alert!) and I have some errands to run, but mostly I'm just going to lie around and contemplate my navel. It's going to rule.

On that note, I'm making coffee and getting on the couch.

3 comments:

iamchanelle said...

"...lie around and contemplate my navel"

becauuuuuuuuuuuuuuse...did i miss a piercing? huh? huh?

:) hope you have a FABULOUS day of nothingness. love to you!

cc

krysten said...

no chanelle, she's had that one for a while...

hooray for the end of finals! what a great feeling, eh? phew!

Brain Diva said...

Happy 4th of July, Jamie!