Monday, July 17, 2006

Monday, bloody Monday

Holy crap, I just made the best cookies I've ever made. I'm the Patron Saint of Cookies now. I was making them for my work guys but they'll be lucky if they make it all the way to Austin. It's not looking good for them. I've had like four. OK, seven. What? The last three were overdone! My kitchen timer is broken!!! I can't take my co-workers overcooked cookies... I HAD to eat them.

My house is a wreck and I'm trying SO hard to ignore it. I will have plenty of time to clean when I get home from Austin. A month, in fact, of no work and no school. So I'm trying really hard to turn a blind eye to the mess, since I have to study for a nutrition test and pack for a trip and all... but I'm not doing so hot. It's driving me crazy. Plus, I'm a little ADD tonight. I still haven't watched any of my movies that are sitting here. And I need to be in bed by midnight. That's the goal. Who knew nutrition was going to be so much chemistry? Look, something shiny!

Oh, I got my stitches out today and all the cancer cells are gone, but I seem to have had some sort of allergic reaction to the nylon threads so I had to get some more medicine and some weird second-skin bandage sticker thingies (which are way too tan for my white neck, but that's another grief). Awesome.

Oh, and I don't think anyone who cares about this piece of info still reads this blog, but one of the words on the American Mensa test (which I took on Saturday and which kicked my @$$) was propinquity. Hey, hey, it's the dork squad! Suck it, Trebek!!

OK. I'm drawing carbon bonds now. Right after I clean the kitchen.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I have to give you props for actually turning on your oven in this heat. 104 is the high today. :(
Drawing carbon bonds...interesting. I take it you are taking chemestry now?

Anonymous said...

You're too busy cookin'... to put anybody do-o-o-o-o-o-o-own....

krysten said...

LOLOLOL, oh Tom! hahaha!

hooray for no more stitches! maybe go get some clear waterproof bandaids instead of the colored patches. those are awesome, much thinner and more flexible than regular bandaids. Same kind of material that they put over my staples when i had my gallbladder out.

cant wait to read about the cookies! I began going stir crazy yesterday, needed some kind of sweet baked treat, but all i could manage to tolerate making was chocolate chips melted in a cup with some PB mixed in - in which i dipped pretzel sticks. then bryce fed me gummy bears.

go-go gadget triglycerides!

hello jamie: said...

I can't do Bandaids, Krys - they all give me a rash, cloth, cushy, non-latex, all of 'em. :( These duo-derm things from the dr. don't look awesome, but at least they don't look like this.

Utopia, I'm taking Nutrition. In fact, am going to take my first test right now, over carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids. Wish me well!

iamchanelle said...

hooraaaaay for no cancer cells! you go girl!
and those cookies sound AWESOME. i am going to the store for ingredients RIGHT NOW.

krysten said...

must be the adhesive...thats exactly what happens when the phlebotomists use that paper tape to hold the cotton ball on instead of the stretchy tan ace-bandage-looking wrap.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! Propinquity is one of my favorite words. I SWEAR ! I did not look it up, but I think it means close to, or proximity. I don't even remember when I learned it, but I love that word. How odd that it shows up on your blog. And how sad that I didn't read it until tonight (Saturday the 22nd). Anyway, that bumper sticker rocks. I'm amazing.