Wednesday, July 26, 2006

and so it begins...

Today is the first day in over 2 months I have had NO work, NO school, NO appointments, and NO errands to run. Truth be told, there is plenty of work, school, and errands I could do, but as it's my first day off... I'm not doing them. I'm lying around and watching TV and reading all damn day. Bill's coming over after work to watch The 4400 and he will be lucky if I even decide to shower.

As of today... I have one month off. I leave for Orlando (blech) on August 26th. For the next month I have a t0-do list about a mile long that includes things like "clean out hall closet," "finally unpack those last 2 boxes in the corner since I've now lived here for 6 months," "lose 10 lbs," "read," "watch TV," "cook," "organize my iTunes," "buy a coffee table," and hopefully squeeze in "just generally lie around." OH, and "turn 30." It's going to be awesome.

Also, everyone say three cheers for my friend Rori, who very graciously switched shows with me so I don't have to work on my 30th birthday. She certainly didn't have to and it's not incredibly convenient for her, so I really really appreciate her generous nature and big heart and I plan on buying her a very large "chah-colate mah-tini" next time I see her. *blows kisses to Boston*

In less-exciting news, my iPod is broken and I am really bummed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I guess "organizing your itunes" can wait now that your ipod is broken, huh? Every time I think I should buy one of these, someone else tells me their's broke. Yay, Apple.

THREE CHEERS TO RORI!!!!!!!!!!!!
HIP HIP HOORAY!
HIP HIP HOORAY!
HIP HIP HOORAY!

Anonymous said...

Great, Jamie. Now you've started a flame war over the iPod. I hope you're proud of your very first day off activity. How much do you use your iPod? Figure out what you paid, how long it lasted, and how much you use it, and give me the cost per day or month or whatever. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. That Starbucks coffee would give you another few weeks of use, I bet. Now stop posting so I can work!

Anonymous said...

Tom I must let you know that I've never had a problem with my first gen iPod (except one time when it was my fault for putting the wrong software on it--but that was operator error!)
so perhaps when the next time you're thinking of buying one, try to find an old school one that'll last ya
(p.s. thanks dad for the iPod from however many years ago!)

Anonymous said...

Dude... everyone's iPod is on the fritz these days. I hope mine still decides to behave itself.

Happy month off! I hope you stuck to your guns and really did take the day to be lazy. Everyone needs one of those every now and then. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oooo... thanks, Julia! I'd love to get one, but most of the time, I see people banging them against concrete. :-) I'll check 'em out!

krysten said...

Tom, my iPod is doing fine too, its the fifth generation one. got it for Christmas, and so far so good....of course now i'm paranoid that it's gonna crap out on me!

have fun in your month off, J!!