Saturday, July 22, 2006

still in Austin

I don't feel like a superhero today.

I said that to Shelly earlier, and she said "do you usually?", which made me pause for a moment, but yeah. Usually I do. Meaning, specifically, that I usually feel like I can overcome whatever crap life throws my way, and still come out on top.

Life can be horrible and life can be beautiful, it can be painful and it can be elating, it can hurt and it can heal. But the one thing it always is... is what it is. I can't change it. I can only change how I react to it. And to me, my only choice is to deal. To go on. To get over it. To enjoy and love and live and be. I'm not letting my life be dictated by a poor choice and certainly not by a situation out of my control. I will go on because I have to.

But... I don't feel like a superhero today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said jaime!

don't worry, even superman has to take off the cape every once in awhile. :)

Anonymous said...

know that the rest of us heroes feel the same, but we are there for you if ever needed. what makes you super, is you always go on.

Dannybrou said...

"you are the wind beneath my wings" Jamie = )

Anonymous said...

A Superhero would be so lucky to be able to continue through life's poor choices (no matter who they belong to) without their trusty cape or mask.

Your attitude sounds "hero-ish" to me.

Anonymous said...

To enjoy and love and live and be...LOVE that