Friday, April 21, 2006

"you're just not thinking fourth-dimensionally!"

So, I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier, since I've been downloading TV for months, but this week I finally downloaded the only X-Files episode I ever missed in 9 whole seasons. It was called "4-D" and involved Agent Doggett and time travel, which is hello, only like my favorite thing ever !!!!! !!!!! I liked it alot; in fact, I always liked the monster-of-the-week episodes better than the increasingly convoluted mythology, and they could have gone on with Agents Doggett and Reyes and I would have watched and been delighted for years to come. And then I would go back in time and enjoy them all over again.

Speaking of time travel, I have also recently become interested in, nay, obsessed with the BBC remake of Dr. Who. It's hysterical! It's really campy and I just can't get enough of it. They're showing the first season on Sci-Fi right now (episode 6 airs tonight) but BBC is in Season 2 already so I may have to just go ahead and download them instead of waiting. Is it merely the British accents that make it so appealing?

DVD night at Chalet J. How long before leftover Chinese goes bad?

10 comments:

krysten said...

oh hello, we just found a few more things in common....Madame L'Engle? BRILLIANT.

Frequency...anything with dennis quaid thanks.

Quantum Leap, LOVE it!

and also...Dr. Who!! i LOVED LOVED LOVED that show when it came on originally, and i only recently found the new version of it...i'm not won over by the new Doc, but i imagine it will just take some getting used to.

chinese food...hmmmmm. i usually throw away anything that has been in my fridge for more than five days...unless of course its pickled or in brine...

hello jamie: said...

I love the new Doc although I daresay I've pictured Hugh Laurie in that role more than once. *wink*

And dude. That leftover Chinese rocked... and I'm not telling you how old it was but it was more than 5 days.

Happy Friday!! :)

iamchanelle said...

Quantum Leap! Dr. Who!

AWESOME!!!
(i used to have a leeeetle crush on scott bakula...ahem)

have you also seen mystery science theatre? way funny.

hello jamie: said...

A LEETLE crush on Scott Bakula?? Mine was super-sized, and might still be, actually. It's the nose, eh, Krysten???

krysten said...

no no, it was the mouth for me...i think thats what it is on david schwimmer too...

GIANT crush on Scott Bakula.

oh and i meant to say in my first comment that the wrinkle in time books are to me what the chronicles of narnia are to you. i grew up reading all her books, and dreaming of kything...

The Bagboy said...

"After dinner I'm going to ram my ovipositor down your throat and lay my eggs in your chest...but I'm not an alien!"

Does she know MST3k...

Chicks who like Dr. Who, especially OLD SCHOOL Dr. Who (double especially Tom Baker era Dr. Who) are hot.

Kelly said...

Is that the one where the guy hits on Scully?

krysten said...

Tom Baker is the ONLY Dr. Who, Bill. as quirky and true to the old school as the new stories are, i just dont know if i can get this new dr. who. he's too skinny and leather-laden i think.

i MST over MST! haha! i love that show. i remember my best friends brother used to watch it all the time when we were little and we never got it...then all of a sudden it became hysterical! gotta love snark.

iamchanelle said...

ok, so i was not totally honest...i was OBSESSED with Bakula. until recently. very recently. like, still...

haha!

only krysten would snark over snark - haha! :)

hello jamie: said...

Bill remember that time we housesat for Dr. Hebert? Hahahahahahhaa! Oh, man. (PS> Dr. Hebert, if you found me and are reading this, we absolutely were NOT doing any underage drinking in your house!!!)

"Are you boys cooking up there?" "No." "Are you making an interociter?" "NO!" *snort*

Whatever happened to Derek Spenser? He might've been one of the funniest people I have ever met.