Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Vacation Day 3: onward and upward

Yay! I woke up this morning migraine free!!! I've already been chastised by Kiddo for being up at 8am on vacation, but I slept a full 8 hours (well, I woke up for about 20 min. at 3am, but this is me we're talking about, so I count that as a full 8 hours) and I can't wait to get started on my day!

The coffee is brewing, and I'm going to watch last night's TV (Gilmore Girls and House) and then work out, shower, and go to the bank and Super Target -- my loophole in the whole Lent thing, since I obviously still have to buy groceries. I steer clear of the clothes, media, makeup, etc., though. After Target my objectives for the day include unpacking my bedroom, hooking up my printer, and possibly hanging things on the walls. We'll see what actually gets done, eh? Baby steps.

So, now that Chalet J is wireless, I've fallen into the nasty habit of falling asleep with my computer... usually reading something, sometimes watching something, but I wake up in the mornings and often open it up to check my mail before I even get up to pee. I have a serious problem. Is there such a thing as Internet Obsessors Anonymous? My name is Jamie, and I am an internet addict.

Anyway, this morning, I wake up, and I have 7 missed IM's on my AIM screen. When I click from "away" to "available" - they disappeared!!!! BAH! I'm so annoyed! OB-viously it was something extremely important, like a long-lost rich uncle who wants to give me a car, or someone confessing his undying love for me, or a friend telling me they've decided to take me on an all-expenses paid trip to Italy or something. Geez.

Oh, and damn TwoP for coming up with the most brilliant Now or Never tees during Lent! It's bad enough that I missed the "smart, witty, and literate as hell" one... now I'm going to miss this one. Bah!

OK, coffee's ready, and Greg House awaits. Out. ~J.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

You gave up Target for lent?

hello jamie: said...

I gave up shopping for Lent.

krysten said...

yes, yes, that was me...and it was a cruise through the Meditterranean, but hey, you snooze you lose, guess i'll take brad instead now. ;-)

so glad to hear about the headache-free morning! yay! now just keep alert for the internal bleeding that goes along with those new pills.... *snort*

Brain Diva said...

The t-shirt is offered until April 28. Lent is over next week so you'll have plenty of time to buy it. :)

Bee said...

My sister bought me the cutest blue t-shirt that said "M is for Mulder" for x-mas but got it one size too small. Sigh. I ended up framing it and putting it up in my room.

She just bought the "Knitting is Knotty" t-shirt the other day. : D

Anonymous said...

jaime,
i just have to say one thing that has been on my heart. since i've been reading your blogs, i have really found you to be a great person and well, i uh just want to say, jaime i want to pledge my undying...(dialtone)