Wednesday, April 19, 2006

resisting

Y'all, I do not want to go back to work on Friday!! Kill me now! I just caught up on my television from the weekend. And you know what? I am giving up on Desperate Housewives. It blows. I only really watch it because it comes on between The West Wing and Grey's Anatomy and since I watch everything on DVR anyway, there's just no point. I deleted it without watching it. I did it! I gave up a show!! Only 9 more to go. *roll eyes*

Gilmore Girls is kind of freaking me out... both of them are headed for a major crash and burn and I'm peeking through my fingers waiting for the inevitable BAM! ending of the season.

OK, so, the list...

finish unpacking (namely, bedroom and office)
hang things on walls
get a slipcover for my chair
CLEAN OUT my closet (actually get rid of things)
watch the first season of Battlestar Galactica in its entirety
lose 10 lbs.
find a coffee table
go to the Trin with my friends
play golf
finish Beach Music
have girls' night (maybe poker?)
get Krysten a belated birthday present
get some new folders so I can file all this crap
register for school
have a "housewarming" get together at my new place
go to Ft. Worth to see the fam
get Scotticus and KJ a wedding present (and also, attend their wedding)
hook up my VCR/cable box/cable modem/DVD player correctly

Not tooooo bad, all things considered. Oh, finally went on that date last night. The artist. I stayed out waaaay too late and I'm so tired... I got up at 8:30 but I really just want to lie back down. BUT, I'm going to do laundry and work out and bake cookies for the guys at work.

Edited to add: I'm watching The X-Files on Sci-Fi... and Agent Doggett? Do you really think that "Stop, I'm a government agent!" is really going to stop an ALIEN?? Geez. But I LOVE the end of this episode, Alone, where they give that keychain to the little blond girl, and she asks about something that happened at the end of the movie (brilliant) and they start arguing about whether or not it was a spaceship in Antarctica, and as the camera pans away, you hear Scully say "No, no, no, you were frozen! And I hugged you until you weren't frozen anymore." Hahahahahahhahahaha! Man, I miss that show.

Alias tonight!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you already went to scotty and kj's wedding?

hello jamie: said...

impressive, no?

Shelly said...

I've given up on DH's too. It bores me now -- I only like Lynette and that story line isn't enough to keep me watching.

Now, I just wish they'd switch it so Grey's came on before DH...because I like to go to bed at an old person hour.

Kelly said...

I gave up on DH, when they took a break for Christmas. It is so silly now. I love that X-files episode!!!!!

Bee said...

OMG Jamie, thank you sooooo much for the X-Files reminder. Every episode brings me back to the summer between my sophomore and senior year in college, counting the days before the movie started. I LOVE that show.

And of course, thanks to the X-Files I got to meet you and the other great clutchies =D

Anonymous said...

The other day at work we were watching a movie and I was tuned out to the previews because I was helping a customer but then all of a sudden I heard *silence*..."Mulder?" And I just about shat my pants! It was so great to see the FTF trailer again. I decided a couple of weeks ago that I'd start watching the show from soup to nuts, in order. I should really get on that.

hello jamie: said...

Yesssss!! If everyone I know will chip in and buy me all 9 DVD sets for my 30th birthday? That would be great.

"He has your coloring, but he looks suspiciously like Assistant Director Skinner."

Bwah! Soup to nuts, indeed! Let's do it at the same time so we can squee together.

hello jamie: said...

Bee... there was one summer between your sophomore and senior years???

*scratches head*

Bee said...

Whoops! I meant my junior and senior. Wouldn't it be great if I had really skipped a year? ; )