Friday, April 14, 2006

Happy Friday!!

Gina reminded me this morning that I wanted to post about Peeps. I know a lot of people really hate Peeps, but I've always liked them. For one thing, I like marshmallows, and for another, my siblings and cousins and I all called my grandfather "Peep" (short for "Peepaw") and he used to give us Peeps every Easter, seeing as how they were named after him and all. He used to create some righteous Easter Egg hunts for us, and when we were older, he even put money in the eggs! I remember one year when I was in college he had a cash prize for the one who collected the most eggs. There's a 15-year span between the ages of the grandkids, so it was quite humorous for the older ones (ahem, me) to be elbowing the kiddos out of the way to get to the eggs.

I wish I had the pictures here with me, but Sandy and I had a Peep-eating contest a few years ago (in our work-out clothes, natch). She put up a good fight, but I ultimately schooled her.

Anyway, I found LORD OF THE PEEPS and I thought it was one of the funniest and perhaps most frightening things I've seen in a while. Seriously. Meet Gandalf:


and the Hobbits:


They're not done yet but they're working on the WHOLE MOVIE. WHO has this kind of time on their hands?? There's even credits. It's crazy and awesome all at the same time. ("As by the way, am I.") I love it. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little surprised that the mischevious hobbit is not named Peepin, but all-in-all pretty amusing ("4-H club" cracks me up).
The best frame is Gandolph and Bilbo smoking their pipes.
Cheers.

krysten said...

wow.