Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter

Easter: the focal point of Christianity; our entire belief system is based on the Resurrection. I went to church this morning with Krysten expecting a nice time, a nice Easter sermon... I did NOT expect that the very first song (Crown Him with Many Crowns) would make me cry. The first tear I contributed to the beauty of the music and flicked it away without a thought, but all of the sudden they took over my face and my voice and before I knew what was happening I was weeping. I couldn't even get the words out. That one song spoke more to me than the rest of the service.

I hope everyone had a happy Easter, and remembers that this day is far more than hidden eggs and new dresses and jelly beans. If you believe in Jesus, this day means everything.

CristoV Anesth ek nekrwn,
qanatw qanaton pathsaV,
kai toiV en toiV mnhmasi,
zwhn carisamenoV.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Easter! I always cry at "Here I am Lord"

iamchanelle said...

beautiful, Jamie! Amen to that.

krysten said...

yeah, i pretty much wept through worship on Sunday. i love easter worship, it's so full of hope and redemption and thanksgiving and awe.

hello jamie: said...

ps> in my compose screen that was in Greek. it *sort of* transliterated itself when I hit "post," but not really. It's a "Christ is risen indeed" passage from Luke.