Monday, April 10, 2006

Remember, remember the 5th of November...

...Gunpowder, treason, and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot.

Man, those Brits like their creepy children's rhymes, eh?

I saw "V for Vendetta" last night. I really enjoyed it, as I do all works in the 1984/Brave New World/Fahrenheit 451 vein. It had more intellect and less fight scenes than The Matrix, which some people might be hoping to see. I know a lot of people are giving it a large politicial shadow due to recent world events but if I'm not mistaken the story was written in the early 80s, so I would take that sentiment with a grain of salt. I could have done without the falling in love bit at the end- it didn't do anything for the plot. Natalie Portman is lovely, Hugo Weaving is creepy, the fight sequence is stunning, and it was all-in-all a thoroughly enjoyable film. Two thumbs up.

I just had to make an impromptu trip to Arlington because I was trying to register for school this morning online? And it was crazy busy (first day of reg) and I kept getting "server busy" messages, and then I finally got my Psych class (Human Growth & Development), but when I tried to get Statistics, it told me I didn't have the prerequisites for it. I'm sorry, but is a college degree and two semesters of Calculus with Analytical Geometry (in which I made an "A" and a "B," thank you very much) not enough to get me into Elementary Statistics at a community college? Geez. So I had to take my transcript to the Math Department so some work-study student could handwrite me a pass, then stand in line at the registrar's desk for-ev-er. *sigh* I'm all set now though.

I haven't looked at my stat counter much lately, so I was glancing through this morning, and three people from three different countries (Iran, Viet Nam, and USA) have landed on my January 1 post about King Kong by googling for an image of either Naomi Watts or "I heart Huckabees." I didn't even post it, either, just linked it to Naomi Watts. Is that the weirdest coincidence? Also, do I know someone at Amegy Bank?

Happy Monday!

ETA: Another one! From Bangladesh! The hell??????

1 comment:

Dannybrou said...

speaking of your stat counter... have I had any other stalkers lately?