Friday, October 20, 2006

another dream

Seriously, I think I need therapy, just for the dreams.

Last night's dream: OK, I was on my way to see Tonya and Brent for their wedding. (They are not engaged yet.) They were living on the west side of Manhattan, in 20's or 30's, near the Korean district. (Brent would rather shoot his mother than live in New York City.) I got my shoes stolen. Like, off my feet. The hell? And for some reason I was walking around the streets of NYC with no shoes on, AS IF, and my thought process was that I needed to get some more before I got on the subway. Because that would be gross. So, I stopped at one of those little Korean stores to buy some flipflops, and the cheapest ones I could find were $18.99- odd, since you can pretty much buy a pair of flops anywhere in the city, and especially in Koreantown, for like $2, so I don't know where that came from, but I bought them and the lady actually "bought" something out of my purse - I think I had an extra shirt in there or something, so I only owed her a few dollars. WEIRD.

Then, I got to Brent & Tonya's, and they lived in this building that I had been in before, but hadn't. And they lived with this guy Dave that I used to go to Prestonwood with like 5-6 years ago and haven't talked to or thought about in ages, and then this other guy who was hot and I was never actually introduced to so I didn't know his name. There were like, 4 couches in this apartment and we were all lying on our own couch, watching Battlestar Galactica. (No way would a New York apartment hold 4 couches and no way would Tonya be watching BSG.) After a few episodes, I needed to the bathroom, and for some reason I didn't use the one in the apartment, but I went looking for the public one in the lobby. Instead of finding the lobby, though, I found what appeared to be an elementary school. I stopped a blond lady who looked like she worked there, and since we had been watching all that BSG, out of my mouth came not "do you have a bathroom?" but "do you have a Battlestar?" I started laughing at my mistake, but she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the corner with a dead-serious look and said "You really shouldn't be asking questions like that." Ummm, OK.

Then, it was time for Brent and Tonya's wedding, which in real life I know will take place in Iowa, but in my dream it was happening somewhere in the Caribbean (even though I traveled to New York for it). They got married in the water. As in, floating in the water, in innertubes. We all had our own innertube in which to watch the wedding. Which Tonya neglected to tell me, and I had bought a new dress!! But there we all were, in our innertubes (not sitting, but all the way through up to our armpits) in our wedding clothes.

Then, we all got out on the island to dry off, and the way we did that was to lie on reclining pool chairs with chicken wire over us so we couldn't move. I didn't want to do that, shocker, but Bill was already there from another function and told me it was fine. Except I'm pretty sure he wasn't Bill, but some sort of evil pod-person.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog Jamie, very interesting read.

I'll be back for more ;)

Anonymous said...

Dude, you should never drink like that again so close to bedtime. Sounds like one of my freaky dreams. Last night it was Bobby McGees restaurant, where I was a waiter 28 years ago. The owner told me they still have one in Phoenix, and it's a gay bar now. Not that there's anything wrong with that. And they wre opening a new one here in Houston, and spent about $300,000 preparing for it, but decided it would take a million to do it, so they quit. Yeah. Whatever.

Anonymous said...

I have now decided that my wedding will take place in the water, complete with innertubes.

The Bagboy said...

So I represent your fear of being subsumed by the desires of your friends? Or you think I'm a big chicken?

Charlie Roch said...

for seriously, Jamie.

We all thought you were cool before.