Thursday, October 05, 2006

"Looks like you got yourself a fish biscuit!"

...might just be one of the funniest lines I've ever heard. Thank you, JJ.

You know how you feel when you get stuff done?? Now, no one enjoys a good day (or week) of sloth like I do, but holy productivity Batman! I've crossed off so many things on my to-do list today that I am elated and giddy! I woke up at 8 and cleaned the kitchen, the bathroom, put away 5 loads of clean clothes, dusted, vaccuumed, showered, met Sandy for lunch, went to the tailor, and am currently getting my oil changed WHILE studying at the coffee shop next door, hello, 2 birds. Go me, GO!

So, just a quick update, because I really need to get my schoolwork done - tomorrow there's a all-day Battlestar Galactica marathon on Sci-Fi, and I can't have anything holding me back from my 100% geekfest. Tom and I are actually going to watch it "together" on IM - oh yes, my friends, you have NO idea how deep the geek really goes.

I will also be making a big ole pot of my super-duper 3-bean chili for my co-geeks (Bill and Erin and Nathan and possibly Scottie-san - sorry you have to miss out, Charlie & Tom) to have during the 2-hour premiere. I'm so excited I could wet my pants.

OK, quick update on my life: So far I have an "A" in Anatomy. I cleaned out 4 bags worth of crap from my closet and drawers. I am now a brunette. My new favorite show is Heroes. I'm going to spend Thanksgiving at Krysten's. The new Showtime show Dexter is so disturbing I couldn't take my eyes off of it, even though I watched most of the episode with my hand over my mouth. My rest-of-the-year work schedule RULES.

OK, off the integumentary system. Hugs and puppies and Cylons! ~J.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, where to start...
1. Chili should NOT contain beans
2. "cleaned out 4 bags worth of crap out" (Department of Redundancy Department)
3. Brunette?

Anonymous said...

I have three comments/questions, too:
1. There was a good BStarG preview, called 'The Story So Far' on SciFi Tues night.
2. Am I supposed to have watched the Webisodes for BStarG? There was some stuff on the preview mentioned above that I don't remember seeing last season.
3. Did you know that Costa Rica has no standing army?

Anonymous said...

brunette?

Charlie Roch said...

I have to note that I will remedy my absence for BSG's premiere. This will *not* happen again.

Congrats on the productivity. There isn't much like defeating a to-do list to help you feel like you stand astride the mortally wounded beast of responsibility and grow-up-dom.

Rock on, chica.

hello jamie: said...

SUPERMAN! You're never online anymore! I miss you, and Wonderwoman, too. I won't be in Vegas with you next month - boo - but you get Rori this time and she's awesome. Throw a vodka (or several) back with her in my honor.

Charlie, the TiFaux and I are saving BSG for you... and MAYBE a bowl of chili (with beans).

Uncle Al, I moved my dangling modifier and forgot to delete the dangle. Ironically, I am wearing my "good grammar costs nothing!" tee today. But thanks for pointing out my language mistake instead of congratulating me on my "A" in science class. Feel the family love!

And Scottie-san, I haven't watched the webisodes yet, but I will tonight, and let you know so you'll have something to do at work tomorrow. I know you sit around a lot. *weg*

krysten said...

buh-buh-BRUNETTE??!??! wha? buh? why?!? wha' happen'd?!!

i laughed so hard at your title line! then i read the first sentence of your post and then had to read the title again to laugh at it more. haha!! hysterical!!

i'm so happy you'll be here with us for thanksgiving! good job on all the productivity, those are great days aren't they? i havent had one of those in a long while.

iamchanelle said...

hey! i'm a brunette now, too! yay for brunettes!

and chili MUST have beans. at all times. and you must make some while you are HERE FOR THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!! yay!
love!
cr