Sunday, October 01, 2006

Holy frak!

Seems like the entire pop culture world is embracing the expletive "frak" these days... I was ecstatic to see BSG grace last week's Entertainment Weekly cover - their first - but the article opens up with a definition and various uses of the word "frak." Now, I frakkin' LOVE the word myself, but seriously? That's what they need to talk about on the dawn of a huge and exciting season 3 double-header??

I worked until 4am last night (this morning). Seriously. 7am-4am. If I did my math correctly, that's 21 hours straight. Frakkin' riDONKulous, is what it is. I slept a couple of hours at the hotel and about an hour on the airplane, but right now I'm forcing myself to stay up until at least 10, so I don't wake up in the wee small hours of the morning.

My week in Seattle was lovely. The weather was unbelievable, and I got to hang out with Shelly, who I'd never met in "real life" before, and Loretta, who I haven't seen in about 8 years, and I had such a wonderful time with them both. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up for the trip (barring that 21-hour work day, of course). Oh! Also, I found this bar called The Nite Lite - the actual bar is made from old pinball machines, and their jukebox is full of old school country like Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison. The bartender's name was Sandy and she's been working there for about 50 years. She was awesome. I should publish a book of the best dive bars in America.... or maybe just blog about them. *weg* I have food to emote over, too, so stay tuned.

A couple of hours into my X hours of recorded television... *yawn* Bones and House, so far. I can't decide if I want to stay on topic and watch Kidnapped or Jericho or something in that vein, or switch gears completely into something like Weeds or Gilmore Girls. I'm afraid I'm going to fall asleep either way. I have 10 days at home: a doctor check-up, a big Unit Exam in A&P, a hair appointment, and about a million errands to run. That's after I get a good night of sweet, sweet sleep.

Edited to add: I just finished last week's Studio 60, and I love having it to fill my West Wing void. Sorkin and Schlamme are like comforting old friends, with their requisite titles font and their camera angles and their smart, sassy female characters and their love of Gilbert & Sullivan.

Zzzzzzzzz....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four days and counting...

It's going to be so frakkin' cool!

Shelly said...

I had much fun with you Jamie.

Stay longer next time. Or...just don't work next time!