Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

OK, so, technically, it's now Saturday because it's past midnight, but I JUST FINISHED WORKING and am just now having time to post. UGH.

I was born on Friday the 13th. My mom had scheduled a c-section (my older brother had been c-sectioned because he was breached and waaaay back in the 70s it wasn't common practice for women to give vaginal birth after having a c-section) and her doctor was all "heeeey, I'm not working this weekend. Do you prefer Friday or Monday?" and she chose FRIDAY! I could have had an August 16 birthday all this time. Maybe she was trying to exert herself because she lost the name battle; she wanted to name me Allison. I'm quite happy Pops won that one for I think Allison would have fit me like a glove fits a foot.

And just because I thought it was interesting, I was updating a scanner at work today that had defaulted to year "00" and in that year, October 13th was also a Friday. Of course, I don't know if it meant 2000, or 1900, or possibly just the year 0, but I thought it was interesting. Because I am a geek.

It's past midnight and the people above me are having some sort of raucous party. I have to be up in like, 5 hours for another million-hour day, and I am none too happy about them. I know it's Friday, but C'MON! [/Gob] Who "parties" at the Residence Inn Nashville Airport? (And really, who uses "party" as a verb past the age of 22?) Hmph.

Oh, and dude. It's winter. It was in the low 30s when I woke up this morning!! And because I am from Texas, I had... a denim jacket. *snort*

Oh, and more cybergeekiness, look what Krysten taught me to do. B*tchin', right??? *weg*

Good night, and good weekend~

5 comments:

krysten said...

*bows* thankyou, thankyouverymuch.

i could have been born on March 17th (ol' St. Paddy's), but bc my dad is 100% irish, and i suppose my mom already hated him by then, when she went into labor that day she went to bed instead of the hospital...she put off labor until the next morning, simply bc she didn't want to give my dad the satisfaction of having me born on the 17th. hah!

i asked my mom if she had debated on naming me anything else other than Krysten, and she said nope. boring. haha, i think it's cool to know you could have been named something completely different. maybe that's bc I am a geek too. haha!

oh, and brad works with a guy whose little boy is autistic, and if you give him a date, he can off the top of his head tell you what day of the week it was (or will be if you give him a date in the future)!

hello jamie: said...

Addendum: Apparently you can only see Krysten's cool trick in Firefox. I'm on IE at work and no blinky. :(

The Bagboy said...

I'll tell you who uses the word "party" as a verb past the age of 22, you age snob. People who effin' know how to party, that's who.

hello jamie: said...

I can be an age snob. You're a geography snob. And a movie snob. And a music snob. And probably more than I can't think of right now because I'm SO OLD.

The Bagboy said...

I'll admit to geography snobbery, and music snobbery, but movie snobbery? Have you not noticed that I'll watch any old piece of dreck in front of my eyes?