Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday

A cold front blew in last night. I know because my thermostat was off and my windows were open all night, and when I went to bed it was almost 80 (in my apartment!) and when I woke up it was 67. Colder in the bathroom and the kitchen where the windows were still open- the wind woke me up at 3am and I closed my bedroom window then.

I had to get up at 7 to spot-clean my apartment - yay for unexpected parental visits!! My stepdad is coming here tonight and spending the night with me. I'm happy to have him, I have about a bajillion things to do tonight, like school work, laundry, packing, and cleaning off the TiFaux, but now I have to work "hosting" into the mix. Luckily he is pretty low-maintenance so I'm pretty sure I can just park him in the corner with a glass of wine and he won't bother me. Although I will have to censor my TV watching... namely, I doubt he would enjoy Dexter. Or the sci-fi. That leaves me with Heroes (still haven't seen this week's!), LOST & Men in Trees. Oh, and the PBS Independent Lens on the international versions of Sesame Street in Bangladesh, Kosovo, and South Africa.

So, I'm working all day tomorrow at the Gaylord, maybe until midnight, and my flight Sunday is at 7am. One of my co-workers offered to let me stay in her room that night since it is so close to the airport, but the trick with that is that I have to be ready to leave my house for a week a day earlier than originally planned. Not sure that is going to happen but I'm shooting for the stars.

Doh... I just made the mistake of checking my work e-mail and spent 20 minutes working on something - now I have to jump in the shower so I can go get birthday cupcakes and still be at the Gaylor by 10:30.

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Dannybrou said...

hey jamie... please update me on Lost when you have a moment after you watch it...

brooke 'accidently' erased it last night...hmmmm

Anonymous said...

Have fun tonight!!!

I won't spoil a thing re: BSG and Who. LOVE MY FRIDAYS!!!!!!!!!

krysten said...

dannybrou - you can see the latest episodes free online at abc.com...try this link.

Dannybrou said...

thank you krysten.. I didn't know that. is it bad that I am watching it while at work???

Loretta said...

i updated. but you have to help me make my page look like i live there. how do i get a picture and put other people's blogs on mine? so much work to do and i am blogging.