Tuesday, June 06, 2006

dreams

You guys know I have crazy dreams. In fact, some of you know that every once in a while, I'll have one that comes true. *shudders* Creepy. Today, I walk into the Broward County Convention Center, and go to my desk, and am setting up, and an older gentleman with the union walks up to me. The first thing he asks me is if I am the "Champion girl" and where did I want my printer set up? Then he says this: "Do you ever remember your dreams?" And I was like "ummm, yes?" He asked me if I remembered mine from last night. Which was a strange question, because when I woke up this morning, I actually wrote it down, because I wanted to remember it: I was at a party as a spy, like Sydney Bristow, in costume, so no one knew who I was, even though all my friends were there, and when "September" by Earth, Wind, & Fire came on, I was dancing with Tom, but I had cut my leg and it was bleeding, but he wouldn't let me go until we finished the song, even though he didn't even know he was dancing with Jamie. And he was holding me really tight, so I couldn't get away. It was weird. Maybe he was the villain of the week. And also, Bill was there, wearing dark Arvin Sloane glasses and a muu-muu. Yeah. Anyway, I didn't tell any of this to the man, obviously. (Earl, by the way. His name is Earl.) He asks me if he was in my dream last night. I cocked my brow at him, but then I realized he was in no way being pervy. He then goes on to tell me that as soon as I walked into the hall, he recognized me from his dream, and thought it was an odd coincidence, but couldn't believe it when I actually walked to the exact spot where, in his dream, he remembers meeting me (right there at the service desk,) and that in his dream, he recounted this very dream to The Dream Me, and The Dream Me told him that she had had the same one. Weird, right? Except, I didn't have the same one, or if I did, that part got squelched by the memory of Bill in a muu-muu.

Anyway, he told me he often dreams random little things like that, that happen the next day. My mom says she used to dream about the house I grew up in long before they bought it. I think that's creepy, but she insists they weren't bad dreams. All of my prophetic dreams have been bad, so I don't like them much, and probably wouldn't have bought that house.

In other news, 1/4 through my first two classes and I have an "A" in each. Go Jamie!!!!!!!!! I begged off the water taxi with my client tonight, to dive into my Psych book. Ugh. And double-ugh, everything on room service here is all Caribbean and stuff. My "caesar wrap" has jerk-spiced shrimp and mango in it, or some such nonsense. Color me skeptical.

My new computer is coming on Thursday. I'm pretty freaking excited about it, even though I can't afford it. (I think I can write it off on my taxes since it's for school though. *fingers crossed*) The first thing I have to do is view an online movie on gene therapy and post on the discussion board before 11pm CST. No pressure!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, that's like right out of some wacky sci fi tv show! Maybe he was actually from the future! Oooh, ooh! Like in Synchrony, that XF episode! Clearly, it's the most logical and rational answer. Occam's razor, you know. *taps nose*

krysten said...

weirded out!!

that sounds like something that i would DREAM happening to me...and then wake up.

Shelly said...

Creeeepy! I never have cool dreams like that. Or...maybe I do and I never remember. But, probably not.

The Bagboy said...

Okay, seriously, how did you figure out what wear to church?

On another note, I can tell you...he didn't dream about you. It's probably a minor deja vu incident, which occurs when your brain processes incoming stimuli so rapidly that it's processed more than once, giving you the feeling of prescience. It can feel like you dreamed it before, but you really just experienced it. Twice.

Who's your muu-muu lovin' nerd?

Anonymous said...

So what are you saying, Jamie? That I don't really know you at all and I'm holding you back?

Crikey...

:-)

krysten said...

ah yes, well done Bill...i definitely think this is a case of neurons misfiring.

Anonymous said...

Gimme a D! Gimme a E! Gimme a Double L!! Whadya got?!

a lot more than a thinkpad!!! :)

Love, Sandy

(Your neighborhood computer snob)

J.T. said...

Maybe he just needs to be unplugged from the Matrix.