Friday, June 23, 2006

the light at the end of the tunnel

It's always nice when someone notices (and appreciates) your hard work... even if it doesn't diminish the work. June is a wretched month for our whole industry, and my three back-to-back-to-back shows (plus my illogical plan to take 2 summer courses) has left me somewhat ragged. I need a haircut, I need to buy Q-tips, I just need to sleep in my own bed.

My bosses sent us all care packages this week! Soooo sweet, and such a surprise. Mine was stuffed with Lush goodies... ahhh, the way to Jamie's heart: expensive bath products that she would never buy for herself. Pure indulgence. The best part is that I'm staying at the Mandalay Bay this week- and they have these awesome huge bathtubs where you can fill the water almost up to your chin. Last night I stayed in to do homework, and my study break was a trashy magazine and my Avobath -- heaven!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we changed our contract to have all our shows at Madalay just for the "tubbies", as we call them....good luck on your classes, little one. I am sure you will ace them all.

hello jamie: said...

Soooo, December Trader's at Mandalay Bay?? Whoooop! Make sure it's in OUR contract that I get to stay here!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOO joining you at Mandalay one of these trips... :-)

hello jamie: said...

I've been hearing that for a frakkin' YEAR.

Anonymous said...

Hey, between the new gig and the miles I'll rack up? It'll happen THIS frakkin' year. :-)