Thursday, March 02, 2006

Will the real J. Hawkins please step forward?

OK, so, I get off the plane in Las Vegas, and go to baggage claim, and I'm right at the front of the mass of people because I was at the front of the plane, and you know how there's all those guys standing around in suits holding signs with people's names on them? Well, triple that for Las Vegas. At Baggage Claim 1, the moderate estimate is 22. Right up front? Dude holding a sign that says "J. Hawkins."


Sorry about the crappy picture but I didn't want him to see me so I used my phone. So, I duck behind a column (like he knew who I was, or something) and called Tom. Is this guy looking for me?? What are the odds of another J. Hawkins being on my flight? Who is this J. Hawkins? Tom, because he is a geek, wondered if J. Hawkins was a hot dude and wouldn't it be a cool story if this is how we met and fell in love. I just thought maybe I had been punk'd, and Ashton and my co-workers were waiting to pounce on me when I approached the suit man or something.

Anyway, I was talking to Tom when the real J. Hawkins walked up to the driver. I yelled "Gotta go!!" and followed J. Hawkins (inconspicuously, of course, by hiding behind people and whistling at the ceiling whenever necessary) until I could get a better look (and a picture):


Check out the belly!!! We have something in common!! So, that's all there is to that story. I thought it was pretty awesome. Are there any statisticians reading? I mean, what ARE the odds of two J. Hawkins' being on the same flight?

One more thing: Someone, anyone, everyone... please please please tell Krysten that she has to see Walk the Line. I saw it again tonight on the plane and I just think she has to. She doesn't think she can handle the smolders of Joaquin... but I say "Buck up, little camper. Everything's going to be all right."

5 comments:

Shelly said...

So...is that chick next to J. his wife? Maybe you still have a chance with him!

And, Krysten -- you MUST see Walk the Line. It is absolutely amazing and wonderful and your life will not be complete until you see it. In fact, I just bought it yesterday - so if you want to come over tomorrow and watch it - you will be welcomed with open arms!

Bee said...

Baybee, Baybee, Baybee!!!

The Bagboy said...

Truly Krysten. You're missing out a wonderful piece of entertainment. Besides, if I said I couldn't see it because I couldn't control my raging Reese boner, you'd all call me a creep.

Inappropriate?

hello jamie: said...

Dude, even *I* can't control my raging Reese boner, and I don't have a boner.

She's HOT with that dark hair.

hello jamie: said...

OK, you know how Dr. Bob used to always say that the story of the prodigal son was really about the brother, not the prodigal son himself? Well, I think the story of Walk the Line is really about June Carter, not Johnny Cash. And I think that Johnny Cash would say the exact same thing. What a fascinating woman.

My two favorite lines from the movie are when she asks Johnny if he's even thought about what he's asking her (to marry him), ie: where are they going to live, what about their girls, his parents, etc, and he says that those things just work themselves out, and she says "No. People work those things out for you and you just think they work themselves out."

And of course: "You're my best friend. Marry me."

*swoon*