Thursday, March 09, 2006

oh holy crap

What a week. I'll elaborate later. Right now I'm waiting on this ONE PIECE OF PAPER so I can go to the airport and get on the standby list, as I missed my flight. Damn job. My last truck brought a too-small pup truck, like an idiot, even though he knew he had 4 shipments to pick up, so he had to go unload and come BACK. Jack-hole. As soon as he loads those three crates on the dock I am outta here.

There are 10 direct flights to Dallas from Vegas a day, and they are all full. That's right-- all full. While I've been sitting here waiting on this truck, I've missed 6 of them. Pro: you can get a direct flight to Dallas on American Airlines from anywhere, several times a day. Con: Every single American Airlines flight in the southern half of the country goes through Dallas, so they are always oversold.

The in-house people were BLARING the heavy metal XM Radio station here, and it was really creasing me, so I asked them to please change the channel so I could you know, think, and work, and stuff like that, and they apparently think that if I don't want to listen to heavy metal, then I must only like elevator music. Which is annoying, but a step up from the metal. I guess. Maybe a step sideways.

ETA: Now they're playing techno. Definitely worse than the metal. And I'm sorry to be a traitor to my generation or whatever... but does it have to be SO LOUD??

On a happier note, I have GREAT April and May schedules. If I can make it to April: I leave tomorrow afternoon for Baltimore for a week, go straight to Chicago for a week, home for 2 days, and to Minneapolis until March 30, when I come home for 24 hours and leave for Madge's Bachelorette Weekend in Austin. After THAT... I am home, sweet home, for 2 1/2 weeks. Then I work in Dallas for week, 2 days off, like that's a real weekend, y'all, San Antonio for a week, Dallas for another week, another 2 days off, then a quick jaunt to San Diego, which is always perfect, but even more perfect in May... then at least 5 days off which takes me to June. Wheee!!

Ree-an, let's get started on SLOTS II: Electric Bugaloo.

2 comments:

krysten said...

your last paragraph had my head spinning...

Kelly said...

That sounds exhausting.