Thursday, March 09, 2006

oh holy crap, part II

So, last night, I slept HORRIBLY. I went to bed at 10, woke up at 12 when my alcohol wore off, haha! and drank a whole bottle of water, woke up at 2 when my loud neighbors came in, woke up at 4 to a suddenly unbearable dripping faucet, even though I'd been in that room for a week and the faucet never dripped, the hell? Worked from 7am to about 12:30. Went to the airport. Missed the 12:30. Didn't get on the 2pm. Got on the 2:59p, which was pushed to 3:15. Which was pushed to 4:20. *sigh* Got a seat in aisle 30. Got to Dallas at 9pm... of course my luggage was on the flight before me, which landed in another terminal... so I had to ride the bus to get my bag, and take a $55 cab ride home that smelled of sweat. Then? Came in to something I forgot about Texas.

Roaches.

There's a big daddy in my bedroom and I didn't get to him fast enough, so now he's behind my dresser, and I'm fairly certain I can't sleep in there or wear anything in those drawers until I'm sure he's gone.

I'm so skeeved out right now.

We watched The Family Stone on the plane. I love love LOVE that movie. Craig T. Nelson, will you be my dad? It makes me ache for a huge family of my own. I think I'm too old to have 5 kids now though. *sigh* Luke Wilson makes me ache too, but in other places. *wink* "Houndstooth? This is houndstooth, right?"

Seriously. I can't sleep in there.

10 comments:

krysten said...

do they sell Bengal Roach Spray there? I think it may be a Louisiana thing, but if you can find that stuff, it'll do the job. spray the perimeter of your apartment with it, concentrating on windows and doors...

i hate roaches. they are equivalent to people dressed up in costumes (clowns, mall santa, mall easter bunny, best buy guys, etc) on my irrational fear list.

are they the flying ones? because i seriously can't handle those...i'm freaked just talking about it. ACK!!

Kelly said...

I handle Texas roaches with the vaccuum cleaner. Just suck em up. Just make sure you dump everything out though so there aren't any eggs inside.

krysten said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!


*shudders*

Anonymous said...

you're too old. seriously?

Shut up.

hello jamie: said...

Are you talking about my radio volume preferences, or my fear of roaches? Because I remember a certain someone who would bludgeon teeny defenseless geckos with a wire hanger.

And like YOU sit around listening to heavy metal.

hello jamie: said...

And Krysten, remember that Bengel Roach Spray ad on the radio?? It was like a calypso song? Hahahaha! I'm totally singing it now!!

krysten said...

i think she was talking about you saying you were too old to have five kids now.

what the hell would you want five kids for?!?! ACK! i think i could add that to my irrational fear list! ;-)

i cant remember that roach spray ad....i can almost hear the steel drums, but it's just not coming to me...dang it, now i'm gonna have to google it.

krysten said...

mkay, so it wasnt very hard to find.

scroll to bottom and click Our Jingle to download a wav file of it

hello jamie: said...

oh MY.

That is totally it.

Wow.

Anonymous said...

On a more pleasant note from roaches, I have to say I'm glad you loved Family Stone. Most underrated movie of last year. That dinner scene... wow... just wow... one of the greatest scripts that was filmed last year, by far. And totally overlooked...