Friday, March 10, 2006

The third thing(s).

My frustration level is really high.

*My tailbone is still excruciating... which is apparently an extremely humorous ailment to everyone in my life.

*I spent an HOUR on the phone with Cingular customer service this morning. I was transferred to SEVEN different departments. I'm still not convinced that the issue is resolved. I then proceeded to spend an hour on the phone with my pharmacy, my doctor's office, and my insurance. My doctor prescribed me Imitrex injections for my migraines (the pills don't work when I'm nauseated) and my insurance told my pharmacy that they needed a letter of medical consent from my doctor. I'm sorry, isn't that called "a prescription"?? Of course, that didn't get taken care of either, and it's Friday. And I'm leaving town for 11 days. And I have ONE pill (which doesn't even help that much anyway).

*My landlord hasn't turned on the AC yet and it's hot.

*When I was cleaning up the kitchen my coffee filter broke on its way to the trash can and I got coffee grounds all over my new off-white carpet. When I pulled my vaccuum cleaner out of my Tetrised hall closet I messed up its exact science of array and couldn't get it back in.

*I never did find that roach.

*When I was trying to tighten the screw in my sunglasses, the screwdriver slipped and I stabbed myself in the hand.

*I have no food in my house and no car and I walked to Sushi on McKinney and it was closed.

*I was running late to the airport- totally my fault as I didn't factor in Friday 5 o'clock traffic, Julia was driving me, and someone at the airport hit her car from behind, promptly exited and DROVE AWAY. It was a Lexus, and they didn't have a front license plate, natch. I got to the ticket counter 15-20 minutes before my flight was to depart, and so of course they wouldn't let me on it. The next flight was scheduled for 2 hours later and is already running thirty minutes behind. I had to get on the SkyLink and change terminals, in vain hopes that at least 7 people won't check into the next flight... and when I got here the board says my original flight ran 16 minutes behind schedule.

*Oh, and remember how ecstatic I was about my April-May schedule? Well, we got an e-mail today saying "MAJOR April changes coming. Hold off booking." and then about 10 minutes later, an e-mail from a co-worker announcing his resignation.

*And I swear on all that is holy if one more complete stranger tells me that I should SMILE... I will bludgeon them with my "tiny ineffectual fists." I might end up with a mug shot before the end of the night.

I'm not saying any of these things are all that life-shattering (except Jul's car; that's the most upsetting) but it's like a thousand tiny papercuts. I'm so OVER March. I just want to take a big ole nap.

On my stomach, of course.

3 comments:

krysten said...

again. i have no words.

Anonymous said...

*great big hugs with arms laden with chinese food, booze and good movies*

Bee said...

Ay, ya, yay. I will say a little prayer for you at church tomorrow. *biggest huggles*