Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Tuesday morning ponderings and panderings

1. My favorite part of last night's Keifer Two-fer is when he used his so-very-burly man-knife to lift the lock on that white picket fence. Hee!! I also love how, once a season, when someone important dies, the *blip, blip, blip, blip* counter is silent. They did it with Mason, and when Keifer had to shoot that guy in the head? Anyway, it's a nice touch. And also? Very good acting on the part of Mary Lynn Rajskub.

2. I really really really want this shirt, but I gave up shopping for Lent. But I just simply must have it. Don't you think I could order it now, since it won't come (or be charged) until after Easter??? I mean, technically Sundays are free days, although I've never taken them. Damn Glarkware with their Now or Never sales!!! By the way, I also love this one.

3. One of my biopsies came back positive for some kind of something with a scary sounding name that's not cancer, but wants to be when it grows up. So we're going to nip it in the bud (literally). I'll have a brand new 6mm "punch" scar ON MY NECK. Why can't I ever have scars on, I don't know, my back, or maybe my leg?? *sigh* Anyway, hopefully this will be the third thing and I can stop looking for falling anvils.

4. Today, March 7, I'm starting a Shelly-esque lifestyle change. Go yoga!! I am fatter than I have ever been, and I'm uncomfortable in my clothes, and I'm unhappy with myself. Apparently the mere weight of Today's Jamie (+ a 22-lb. backpack) can crack a tailbone that I've been sitting on for years!! Unacceptable. (OH MY, side note, an exhibitor wrote "unexceptable" on a receiver yesterday. Bah!) So, effective immediately, less "I'll have the blue cheese burger and fries" and more "tomato soup and grilled chicken, please." Less wine. More gym.

5. I miss you guys.

10 comments:

Bee said...

Chica, sign up for a running event. That will motivate you like nothing else. I want to run another half this October. That is the only way I will eat well and get myself to the gym.

you can do it!

Shelly said...

Go Jamie, Go!!

I admire anyone who does yoga. I just can't bend that way. I can't even touch my toes!

Anonymous said...

a very thinly disguised "5 things i learned in vegas." il ike it.

hello jamie: said...

oooh, Ree-an, I simply MUST bring back the series!! It's been too long, no?

Good call.

krysten said...

i. forgot. to watch.

*drops head onto table*

can you even believe that?????

ugh. IDIOT!!

you go girl with the yoga and whatnot. i made an effort way back when (remember the workout clothes buying spree? yeah, that), and then havent made any other forward motions. of course the thought of putting a workout shoe on my stupid toe and moving around on it makes me squirm, so thats not helping any...

email me the address where you'll be for the next job, and i'll send your TY gift there. :) i got all the parts in. yip, yip!

hello jamie: said...

When I get home I can tape it for you off my faux-vo and send it to you. Last 10 minutes were GREAT!

You are too sweet... PARTS? I've been birthday shopping myself... *wink*

Gina said...

If Krysten forgot to watch, then I can't say anything more than:

OMIGAH.

I watched the last 5 minutes with my hands over my face in horror. Seriously.

I signed up for the Breast Cancer 3 Day. More deets to follow. But I am back to the gym as well. Less wine will be much better for my liver as well.

krysten said...

no, no, i read the recap, so i know "wha happen"...

*sigh* i just cant believe i forgot to watch. geez.

oh yes...PARTS! hopefully they all go along with this crazy new lifestyle. haha!

hello jamie: said...

AH!!! I totally already downloaded them for you.

Anyone else need 'em?

krysten said...

well, i mean of course SEEING them would be better...