Saturday, December 31, 2005

What are you doing New Year's, New Year's Eve?

My day started out so good!! Evan, Sandy, and I went to see the Old 97s last night with Scott and Kathryn- great show, plus breakfast at Cafe Brazil afterwards at 1am. It was awesome. Evan and Sandy spent the night and I slept really well for the first time in a long while. This morning, Evan and I walked to Tin Star for brunch, then got huge to-go coffees, and proceeded to walk about 2 miles up Cole and 2 miles back down McKinney, writing down numbers and addresses for all the apartments that were for rent. It's an absolutely gorgeous, sunny, windy day and the walk 'n talk with Evan was great. I folded up all the papers I had collected and put them in the back pocket of my jeans.

I get home and have LOST the papers. There must have been 25 numbers on there!!! I'm so bummed. It could be anywhere between here and Knox-Henderson. And most likely has blown away from wherever I dropped it. AARRGH. *slumps* Whyeee did I put them in my back pocket? I never put ANYthing in my back pocket. And I was CARRYING A PURSE. Ugh.

Also, my date/ride for the evening got stuck in Houston, and I promised Madison I wouldn't drive her Lexus on New Year's Eve. Soooo, looks like I'm in for the evening. Which, actually, I will undeniably enjoy, but it certainly sounds sad when I say it out loud. "What did you do for New Year's?" "Oh, I watched DVDs and drank champagne by myself." Geez.

Edited to add: Ree-an and Taylor ended up coming by around 10:30 and taking me to a party with a bunch of their friends from church. Scottie-san and Kathryn were there, so it was a fun time. We only stayed until about 12:30, so it didn't push my introverted boundaries too terribly far! The bottom line is I couldn't have cared less about the party... but pretty much, my friends rule.

3 comments:

krysten said...

if ONLY you had made a copy of the list!

well, i'll be home too, so don't feel bad...and i don't even have champagne!

but i do have OTHER things...meh heh heh heh!

*clink!*

Shelly said...

I'm going to sit on my deck in my non-footy PJ's and watch fireworks shoot off from the Space Needle.

Actually, who am I kidding, I'll probably be in bed by ten.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

My New Year's celebration consists of Sports Night dvd's, Spanish TV new year countdowns, and really strong coffee to keep me awake until midnight. Having a quiet new year? Priceless. Happy 2006 folks!