Sunday, December 25, 2005

Silent Night, Not-so-Silent Night

A very quick post, in case anyone is reading today. I've been sick this Christmas. I slept on and off almost all Christmas Eve (even missed It's a Wonderful Life; if you missed it, too, you can catch up in 30 seconds by clicking here), and woke up at 3am to lots of snoring in the tiny trailer, a dog jumping on my head, and the neighbors' dumb-ass rooster, who never seems to know what time it is. I was incredibly nauseated, probably due to the copious amounts of Zovirax coursing through my system on no food, but managed to make it through the night. Today I still have a fever and am glassy-eyed and a little spacy, but I managed to get myself to Houston this afternoon and am finally in the land of internet access again. Whew!

We had a lovely Christmas dinner at the Walkers' as we have done for the past couple of years, and I managed to get down more calories than I've had in the past 4 or 5 days combined. I'm sure I needed the nourishment but I'm feeling somewhat queasy now. Oh, we also played a new game called Apples to Apples and it was big fun. I am hoping for the sweet escape of sleep tonight.

Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i got your letter today! i started getting sick christmas eve morning. everyone in the house has a runny nose. we might not it out alive this time.

hello jamie: said...

Here, too. There are now 3 of us taking meds. And I'm reading The Stand. *shudder*

Anonymous said...

1. It's a Wonderful Life...in 30 seconds...by bunnies...greatness!
2. Just played Apples to Apples for the first time with my family this Christmas, and we had a great time with it.
3. So, J... that's kinda weird that everyone is sick and I feel fine. Oh, and if I don't see you this week it's because I may be heading to Boulder, CO to find this old black lady I keep dreaming about...Happy New Year!
Cheers.