Sunday, December 11, 2005

Baby, it's cold outside


I worked until 10pm last night so I had another day off today. I know that sounds great when I've been working so much, but it's not so wonderful by yourself in a strange town (that's 20 degrees and covered with snow, natch,) especially when you have so many things to be doing at home. (And yes, I use the term "home" loosely.) All I want for Christmas is an apartment. That, and that all my stuff would magically disappear from its storage unit in Nowhere, Ohio, and appear in the new magic Christmas apartment, unpacked, dusted, and set up in its right place. That'd be cool. Forget the blender and the golf bag, Santa! I changed my mind!

Anyway, instead of venturing out into D.C. for another day of wind, cabs, and crowded museums, I finished up some work, packed, worked out, read, went out to an Ethiopian restaurant with my friend Justin, and got back just in time for The West Wing, which I must say, brought a little tear to my eye. Do we know for SURE that this is the last season? 'Cause I would certainly like it to go on with Santos and Leo (and Josh, C.J., Donna, Annabelle, Charlie, Will, and Kate -- btw, I'm enjoying the interaction between those two). And then after THOSE 8 seasons... Sam Seaborn for President! *wink* And then... C.J.! She ROCKED her fancy dress tonight, as always. Did anyone else notice the "I wish she [C.J.] would run for something" quote? Hmmmmm. I think they already have that show, though.

I've added a NotifyList icon down on the left column. Just enter your e-mail address to be notified when the blog is updated, if you liked that option over at Friendster. Don't worry, nobody else gets your address. I've also imported some of my old posts from Friendster. Just the greatest hits. I'm not going to delete the Friendster blog, though, because I couldn't let go of the comments, especially like on the Friends quote-off, etc. We had some good times, that blog and I. I'm just not ready to cut the apron strings.

Teaser: O'Scott has "rented" some blog space for the next post... so stay tuned. [Irish accent]It'll beh gr-reat![Irish accent]

2 comments:

krysten said...

*sigh* ok now how did you do THAT?

i want a fancy notify list thingy on my blog too! and one on everyone else's so i dont have to spend half my mornings (and then afternoons, and then evenings) clicking around trying to find out if anyone updated!

share the love, woman!

krysten said...

ah-HAH! i did it.

:)