Monday, December 19, 2005

For Krysten

Deck the blogs... since I can't find the crazy elaborate one that Sandy and I did a few years ago (does ANYONE still have it in their e-mail? please send it my way)... here's a shorter and sweeter Krystmas meme:

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Eggnog... or CIDER!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Wraps them.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? all white, all the time
4. Do you hang mistletoe? If I'm having a party.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Sometime after Thanksgiving, and it always involves Christmas music, and bloody marys. What? It's a tradition!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mom makes reindeer food- like chex mix but covered in white chocolate. It's the only thing she cooks, like, all year.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Well, not as a child... I was about 20. But my grandparents were always really into Christmas and decorated to the nines... the year they both had cancer I went to their house for Thanksgiving, and decorated for them. It was just the three of us; we had Thanksgiving dinner at the Cracker Barrel, lol, but they sat in their recliners and told me where to hang every light and put up every ornament and it was freaking exhausting and hilarious and one of my most special memories.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? what do you mean... truth about Santa?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I used to get pajamas when I was little... probably so I would be presentable for photographic and home video posterity. Yeah, like THAT worked.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Whatever we happened to be eating at the time. I think we left venison jerkey out once. And always a COKE, 'cause everyone knows that Santa Claus drinks Coke.
11. Snow! Love it or hate it? Only if I'm on skis.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I can't possibly narrow that down. Yeah, that's a cop-out. But it's true!
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays to you? Being surrounded by people I love.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Petit fores.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Some of my all-time favorites were with my girlfriends when we were all single... like our cards, and our cd exchange... But at my dad's we have chili and a movie on Christmas Eve. I think it started as an easy way to feed a lot of people, but it's tradition now. Not a Christmas movie, either - one year it was Cliffhanger, lol. It's very fun.
17. What tops your tree? Last year we had Walt Whitman, the garden gnome. I don't have my own tree-topper; I should get one before next year.
18. Which do you prefer--GIVING OR RECEIVING? Giving. In fact, I love to watch everyone open presents... and I get really self-conscious when people watch me.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Seriously? Like I can pick.

20. Candy Canes-- Yuck or Yum? YESSSSS!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay. Now I'll say it. HUMBUG!

But yes to #12. Thank God for my ex.

Anonymous said...

The garden gnome as a tree-topper. Brilliant!
And I appreciate your link on the truth about Santa. I hope you are comforted by what is real this Christmas.
Cheers.

krysten said...

mmmm, bloody marys...i had one at the company christmas party, although it wasn't all that good. but still better than the one i had in ireland, haha...funny story. i was four months pregnant in a bar in ireland and you should have seen the bartenders face when i asked for a bloody mary...i havent seen anyone look that confused in a loooooong time. i guess he's used to people ordering a pint, and that's it. he actually had to look it up in his little bartending book to make it!

i probably dont have to say that there was no yummy spiced bean...

oh! and it was a virgin one for all of you out there concerned for my unborn child! ;-) that may have added to the bartenders confusion too...

hello jamie: said...

guess what... I make AWESOME bloody Marys... from scratch, no mix. Back me up, Sandy. I'll teach you my secrets in January, including the pickled green bean!

krysten said...

alright...you make the bloody marys, i'll make the fritters...

;-)

hello jamie: said...

done aaaand done.

Dannybrou said...

jamie - do you remember you favorite birthday present?????

hello jamie: said...

Tickets to see the Wallflowers and Counting Crows... Raleigh, North Carolina, 1997.

Wow, that was 8 years ago... I feel old.

Dannybrou said...

Just making sure you still remember = )

Great times...great times.

And the next day you baked me a burnt pecan pie.