Thursday, December 08, 2005

Drum roll please!

Welcome to Jamie's new (and hopefully improved) blog- "No day but today." Technically, it's not much different than my old blog... except that I have more control, whee!! I got some HTML pointers from a friend and am teaching myself as I go along. Let me know your thoughts. Like my Christmas snowflakes?

What's different about "No day but today" is that you have to remember to read it, since you won't get those handy reminders from Friendster. So change your bookmarks and links and come on 'round! Put up your feet and stay awhile; you're always welcome here. Another great thing is that you don't have to be a member to leave a comment, and you guys all know how much I love it when you leave comments. It lets me know someone out there is reading. *wink*

So, in case you're not aware how my office situation works... I'm in the Corporate Travel Group. This means I don't go to the office; I work on the road. My company has offices in 7 cities: Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, San Diego, San Francisco, and Las Vegas. Our corportate office is Boston. Therefore, the Corporate Travel Group is on the e-mail distribution list for the Boston office, so we can get important blast e-mails regarding MIS, Accounting, Scheduling, and whether or not there's birthday cake in the 2nd floor kitchen. (Sandy, I mean, it's CAKE!) Well today, I got this:

Someone dropped a SOCK on the stairway... If it is yours I have it at the front desk. ~Reception

Seriously. A sock? It's December. It's Boston. Why on earth would someone NOT be wearing their sock? Do you think it was attached to their pants with static cling? They just decided to sit down in the stairwell and take one off? It was being used as blackmail?

I hope it was a Christmas sock.

18 comments:

J.T. said...

I love how you mentioned the need to go where everybody knows your name...
and then proceeded to tell us your name.

Anonymous said...

WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME!

Now get your ass back here!

Anonymous said...

Should we throw a house-warming party? What do you buy someone who just started a new blog? A new keyboard? Screen cleaner? Congrats on the move!

NOW GET YOUR ASS BACK TO NYC!!!!

krysten said...

ok, so i'm expecting a full tutorial in your next email on how to make my blog this cool...

I'm "Krysten the Healer"?! to use your expression: SQUEEEEE!!

Makes me want to clap my hands together and rub them like Mr. Miyagi (God rest his soul).

;-)

welcome to blogspot, hope you likey.

Anonymous said...

My first thought was that clearly someone was have the sex in the stairwell but I think socks are the last thing to be removed for quickies.

Also, I'm still in awe that I'm Kiddo the Brave. Who knew?

Gina said...

Whoot! Welcome to blogger babe.

As for your sock, maybe it was a gym sock, and fell out of someone's bag?

I shall now go and update my blog link to link here, and you need to share HTML tips with me. I want to customize my look, but I am afraid I'll screw it all up. Like if I do it in Dreaweaver, and copy paste my code into the blogger template will that work?

Gina said...

and how did you get your comments to open in a new window like this?

Anonymous said...

I like it. I'm not much for blogs, which are generally long-winded dissertations using effusive language intending to make the reader feel like the blogger is much more scholarly than they actually are, but this particular blog has wonderful character and wit. I think I will continually be drawn back to this keen blog and might have to reassess my aforementioned feeling about blogs. Congrats, and I likey as well.

hello jamie: said...

Shelly is the Mr. Miyagi of html... I'm just an amateur with a google button and time to play.

G, your sock theory is so prosaic! *snort*

Gina said...

G, your sock theory is so prosaic! *snort*

Bite me hard baby! :p

Anonymous said...

You are all wrong about the sock...it was likely caught making a break for it, after leaving a nearby dryer. I have years of experience with socks "disappearing" from my laundry loads, but I rarely catch them sneaking off. What's worse is that they leave emotionally scarred single socks in their wake. I've seen a argyle dress sock on the rebound hook up with a gym sock before-- it wasn't pretty.
Oh, and J, hope this new site works out better for ya. I'll check in from time to time.
Cheers.

Anonymous said...

so, picture me sitting in Speaker Ready reading your blog silently as an Asian dr. quietly approaches my desk. Without warning, i burst into loud giggles, and the aforementioned Asian dr. stops in midstride and decides Amy's desk is the better option.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Anonymous said...

apparently, I'm anonymous.

Shelly said...

I'm not really an HTML expert; I just play one on the internet.

By the way, great design!

krysten said...

ok, i'll share my Mr. Miyagi status with Shelly, since i plan to wedge my way into her Crafty status with my next post about my current yarn arts. ;-)

The Bagboy said...

You say "the Opinionated" like it's a bad thing...

Brain Diva said...

Hello dear. I just found your new home. :) Nice looking blog you got going.

Good on you for leaning a bit of html. I'm too lazy to play my html code at my blog. LOL

Anonymous said...

*waves*