Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'm going to need a hacksaw.

It pains me to say it... but I put 24 on hiatus. I watched the first 4 episodes with Tom back in January, and then the next 3 with Jack Daniels about a month later, and then when I tried to watch #8-9 last night, I was so lost and confused that I had no idea what was going on, and I was so daunted by the fact that I was still 5 episodes behind that I totally wigged out. Plus, I needed my DVR last night to record Gene Kelly: Anatomy of a Dancer on TCM, and when it asked me "which of these three scheduled programs would I like to delete" (24, Heroes, or Gene Kelly)- well, I just made a snap decision and chose 24. I will have to watch it this summer when it comes out on DVD. It really is the better way to watch it. Plus, how excited can I really get about a 24-iverse that doesn't include Tony Almeida????

Speaking of Gene Kelly, I watched "For Me & My Gal" last night and did a little swooning. Ladies, start your DVRs. Gene Kelly is TCM's Star of the Month.

5 comments:

krysten said...

*fans self*

grrrr. i went through the whole week of TCM and there were only a couple GK shows at the very end of the guide. poo. thanks for the heads up though, i'll keep my eye on that. i need to watch more TCM.

and 24 has kinda gone south. we still havent seen last week's episode, much less this week's.

hello jamie: said...

I think they're clustered on Mondays, K, so be sure and look next week. I recorded Summer Stock last night.

Anonymous said...

Summer Stock is a good one. But I think anything that has Gene in it is a good one!

I agree with you on 24--it is not been on the top of my tv watching priority list.

Anonymous said...

dude. where is your loyalty?!?!?! Jack Bauer is going to show up on your doorstep and kick your ass in one deft move. :)

hello jamie: said...

I'm not leaving Jack! I'm just saying I'd rather watch the entire season in a 24-hour period with snacks. And you. Although maybe without the bloody gauze and the steroids next time.

Although, come to think of it, those steroids were goooooood.