Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'm going to need a hacksaw.

It pains me to say it... but I put 24 on hiatus. I watched the first 4 episodes with Tom back in January, and then the next 3 with Jack Daniels about a month later, and then when I tried to watch #8-9 last night, I was so lost and confused that I had no idea what was going on, and I was so daunted by the fact that I was still 5 episodes behind that I totally wigged out. Plus, I needed my DVR last night to record Gene Kelly: Anatomy of a Dancer on TCM, and when it asked me "which of these three scheduled programs would I like to delete" (24, Heroes, or Gene Kelly)- well, I just made a snap decision and chose 24. I will have to watch it this summer when it comes out on DVD. It really is the better way to watch it. Plus, how excited can I really get about a 24-iverse that doesn't include Tony Almeida????

Speaking of Gene Kelly, I watched "For Me & My Gal" last night and did a little swooning. Ladies, start your DVRs. Gene Kelly is TCM's Star of the Month.

5 Comments:

Blogger krysten said...

*fans self*

grrrr. i went through the whole week of TCM and there were only a couple GK shows at the very end of the guide. poo. thanks for the heads up though, i'll keep my eye on that. i need to watch more TCM.

and 24 has kinda gone south. we still havent seen last week's episode, much less this week's.

March 06, 2007 8:50 AM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

I think they're clustered on Mondays, K, so be sure and look next week. I recorded Summer Stock last night.

March 06, 2007 8:56 AM  
Anonymous julia said...

Summer Stock is a good one. But I think anything that has Gene in it is a good one!

I agree with you on 24--it is not been on the top of my tv watching priority list.

March 06, 2007 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

dude. where is your loyalty?!?!?! Jack Bauer is going to show up on your doorstep and kick your ass in one deft move. :)

March 07, 2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

I'm not leaving Jack! I'm just saying I'd rather watch the entire season in a 24-hour period with snacks. And you. Although maybe without the bloody gauze and the steroids next time.

Although, come to think of it, those steroids were goooooood.

March 07, 2007 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home