Tuesday, January 16, 2007

24


OHMIGAH. The gods of 24 (and quite possibly, God Himself) are smiling.

So, I didn't watch the first 4 episodes of 24. Not with Bill, not with Kristie, not at all. About 7 people have told me how awesome it is, and I've been all fingers in my ears, I-can't-hear-you-la-la-la-la because Tom and I had promised each other we would watch it together tonight.

SO. Tom gets home from Brian's this morning, and over the holiday, BBC had aired a Dr. Who marathon, and Sci-Fi had aired a Battlestar marathon, this wiping his DVR of all traces of Sunday's 24. WHA?

We had an elaborate scheme worked out that involved downloading them from iTunes, and purchasing a cord to play them off the computer. What we ended up getting is a cord that plays video from his iPod to his TV, and on the way out of Target, we decide to see if they have Season 2 of Dr. Who. They don't, but what the DO have... wait for it....

The first 4 episodes of 24. Like, the ones that came out LAST NIGHT AND THE NIGHT BEFORE. Those 4. On a dvd. For $9.99.

Life is sweet.

6 comments:

krysten said...

hey, i have a cord that plays videos from my iPod to my tv too...did you still get it? and if you did...can you tell me how exactly i'm supposed to use mine... seriously. what the heck?

and WEIRD about having those episodes out!! i figured they would be online somewhere, much like they are doing for LOST, but wow, having them on sale at a physical store is pretty crazy!

Anonymous said...

OK, after "I'm gonna need a hacksaw" as the greatest 24 line ever, comes the greatest 24 visual ever, Jack ripping out a guy's carotid artery WITH HIS TEETH!

Ya gotta love it.

(Caveat: it may not have been his carotid artery, he may just have torn a hole in his larynx or something. I prefer to live out my fantasy with the carotid.)

Anonymous said...

I must say I scoffed at the end of 24 when they showed a commercial to "own the season premiere of season 6" and thought no one would buy that. Now I see that it was for people who had their DVRs wiped.

glad it all worked out for you. yay for Target!

Anonymous said...

I really need to get on this 24 bandwagon.

krysten said...

oh shelly, girl!!! what are you DOING?! GO, go right now, and get all the previous seasons, and watch them...then report back to us for further instructions.

Anonymous said...

I have so many shows I'm already tracking! I'm afraid if I pick this one up I'll never leave the house. Although, I have been intrigued by it for quite some time now...