Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunday, bloody (and rainy, icy, drippy, crappy) Sunday.

I dvr'd the classic Twilight Zone episode "Five Characters in Search of an Exit"- it's one of those legends that you always hear about and has been the jumping point for more than one tribute. However, nobody told me that one of the characters was a clown. I HATE CLOWNS. Nobody said anything about clowns. I couldn't seem to turn it off, so I'm relatively certain that I'll have nightmares tonight.

It was too cold and wet to put on nice shoes and go to church, so I just wrapped up and went to brunch with some friends. We tried to go see Pan's Labyrinth (which Mr. Moviefone is inexplicably calling "Pan's LIB-yrinth") but it was so full that the only seats left were on the front row, and it's subtitled and we just couldn't bear it, so we left and got our money back and drank hot cocoa and cider at my apartment instead. It doesn't sound like a bad story, but the whole experience from deciding we wanted to see a movie to getting our money back was rather time-consuming and labor-intensive and kind of a beat-down. Then we went to the mall and the snobby watch lady made me feel small. There are also two very long stories about school and dating that add to the beat-down feeling, but I won't bore you with them here.

(Although, come to think of it, this is my blog and you don't have to read it, so I should talk about whatever the gravy I want to talk about! But, I'm too beat down, so I'm just going to pass on the venting. For now.)

ANYway, tomorrow i need to work out, and pack for my trip (in the smallest bag possible, since I'm to take the train from New York to Philadelphia). I cannot possibly iterate here how excited I am to spend time with Tom. We will have 4 hours of 24 and the entire 2nd season of Dr. Who to watch... and hopefully get into the city for the patented Tom/Jamie Date(R) of Corner Bistro, Magnolia Bakery, and Chumley's. Seriously. Best date EVER.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... you and I are both feelin' the beat down. Which means we have nowhere to go this week but up, right? RIGHT??!?!?!?!?!

:-)

hello jamie: said...

*taps nose*

krysten said...

OH! i've been on that date!!! it IS a good one! mmmmmmmmm....burgeeeeerrr.....cupcaaaaaaaake.....driiiiiiiinks. haha!

i'm so jealous. and what good company too. *winks at tom*

krysten said...

oops, i meant to say "i've been on that date!!!"

krysten said...

oh, oh OH! aaaand, AND, oddly enough, the shirt i was wearing is my "Clowns Are Scary" shirt....wow. (click on Chumleys link in my post and you can see it.

yeah, weird.

Anonymous said...

I friggin hate clowns. :: Grabs a bat:: I shall whack em. Okay that looked and sounded better in my head. I am going to stop now. HELP ME

Kir_Fect